ive been told 70% of the tone comes from the amp so please recommend a metal amp that is under £50, i know there wont be many but i have an ebay account so just link it
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
thats roughly $100 isnt it?

MAYBE a Roland Micro Cube, or a new Peavey Vypyr 15w ($99, better than the cube IMO)
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Sep 22, 2008,
Lol £50!? You ain't gonna be gettin' shit fo' that brah.

Save up some more money, or get a job.
Save money. That amp does not exist.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
cant get a job and i dont get money from my parents weekly/monthly, its just xmas and bdays im afraid...
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Then you have to find a used microcube. That's basically it.

Don't judge me.
I would Say Amp would be 40% of the tone.

Note Strings Make the Sounds
Very Good pickups pickup the vibration waves
An amp just amplifies that

Strings+pickups+amp=sound

all are 33% of the tone individually

but if you get a good amp then you end up going over 100% since you'd be getting perfect tonality
Gear
-ENGL Fireball Head
-Vader Cab 2X12
-Maxon OD-808
-MXR-10 Band EQ

ESP Custom 25.5" Scale
-Duncan Distortion SH-6 (B)
-Duncan 59 SH-1 (N)
Quote by x88x88x88x88x

but if you get a good amp then you end up going over 100% since you'd be getting perfect tonality

I'm not really sure what that has got to do with anything.

Don't judge me.
read his post, you cant even buy an amp for the price range he has

I have an idea haha

You should have a guitar, well just play the songs you want, while listening to the actuall song then you'd have the exact tone as the song
Gear
-ENGL Fireball Head
-Vader Cab 2X12
-Maxon OD-808
-MXR-10 Band EQ

ESP Custom 25.5" Scale
-Duncan Distortion SH-6 (B)
-Duncan 59 SH-1 (N)
Quote by x88x88x88x88x

Strings really don't effect your tone that much. I mean your tone will be brighter with new strings than with strings that have been on your guitar for a while and all that junk, but strings don't make up any where near 33% of your tone.

TS: You will just have to save your pennies man. You aren't going to find anything worth buying that is less than 50 pounds. If you could bump it up to maybe 60 or 70 pounds then you could look into things like the Peavey Vypyr 15 watt combo or a Roland Micro Cube. But right now you're pretty much out of luck.
Why can't you get a job? your a student AND in London, jeez if you can't get a job there no-one can.
A Micro Cube, or get a Vox amPlug Metal, and use headphones. That would be the best way.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by x88x88x88x88x

Quote by ClementWave
Why can't you get a job? your a student AND in London, jeez if you can't get a job there no-one can.

my local post office shut down so erm, yeah where i live paper boy was the only choice, and im school, so please explain how its so easy getting a job?
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
did i write 1990? my bad, im 15, last year of school
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Ah - but you can get a job pretty much anywhere when your 16! That means every month more guitar gear!

w00t w00t
i asked for an xbox for xmas but my mum said shed rather buy me a new guitar, cos im a pc gamer, so ill be an even bigger recluse if i get an xbox

so jackson rr3/rx10d here we come!!!
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
Tbh dude if you got an alright guitar i would wait till Xmas (Yeahh i know thats 3 months!) and get a new amp.

When i first started playing guitar i was always after new guitars and its only recently that iv relised that it really doesnt matter that much amps really are a MUCH better investment.
thanks, i just i hate the sound of my guitar and amp, my guitar got a rating of 5 in a review on ug, and i agree with it
ESP H-401FM
Jackson DK2M
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Boss ME-25
when you have about 250 you could get a 5w tube amp and a distortion pedal for heavy metal.

thats all you need for practice, seeing you wont get a good gigging amp for that price.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Tbh if he's doing metal as much as this forum hates to hear it on a low budget a Solidstate amp would be much better than some half assed 5watt tube amp forced into bein a metal amp.
used microcube

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Tbh if he's doing metal as much as this forum hates to hear it on a low budget a Solidstate amp would be much better than some half assed 5watt tube amp forced into bein a metal amp.

+1

seriously i owned a Micro Cube, and the Peavey Vypyr is soo much better. the cube is good, but ehhh, look into the Peaveys
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"