Poll: which one
Poll Options
View poll results: which one
Gibson
2 9%
Esp
20 91%
Voters: 22.
I'm sure you guys hate these "which one should i get," threads but i really need your help.
Next week is my birthday and i need to choose between these two guitars.

I have a peavey valveking and play metal.

Gibson les paul studio and have money left over for a few pedals

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-100161084-i1149146.gc

or

become dead broke and get a Esp Eclipse II

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPECLIPSEII
ESP ruleZ =D
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
it sais theyre the same price... it's hard to make a decision when you don't really know how much you're saving. the ESP has active pickups too..so if you like that then go for it. if your only saving like 100 bucks by getting the gibson then get the ESP. if you're gonne be saving more than 300 then get the gibson.
Gibson with a pickup change instead of pedals. Actives wouldmake you go even more broke perhaps eating 9v batteries and your money.
Quote by stratdud39

EDIT: remember, only get the ESP if u only play metal

Another one....
Don't say what he can/cannot get, he can buy anything he ruddy wants.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone

Another one....
Don't say what he can/cannot get, he can buy anything he ruddy wants.

im not tellin him what he can/cannot get, but active EMGS can onlyplay metal, so lighten up will ya? im trying to help him
I don't hate them. After all; this is the Electric Guitar forum.

Uhhh so I'd say the ESP.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by stratdud39
im not tellin him what he can/cannot get, but active EMGS can onlyplay metal, so lighten up will ya? im trying to help him

Anything can play anything, but the difference is doing it decently.
You can get a good tone for most things with EMGS, the cleans aren't that strong but they are adequate.
As always It depends on the amp...

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by stratdud39
become ded broke, get the ESP
plus, i love the which guitar threads
EDIT: remember, only get the ESP if u only play metal, and u want t have to change the batterys like as often as u cange your strings.

Good god how long do you leave your strings on? I have to change the batteries on mine maybe every 3 months or so and I play ALOT, like 4-5 hrs a day. As long as you unplug the chord from the guitar the batteries last long enough. Not to mention it's easy to just buy rechargeable 9V's.
Quote by zhunt1130
Good god how long do you leave your strings on? I have to change the batteries on mine maybe every 3 months or so and I play ALOT, like 4-5 hrs a day. As long as you unplug the chord from the guitar the batteries last long enough. Not to mention it's easy to just buy rechargeable 9V's.

well i do lave my strings on until one pops, which is like 2 months, but it was just a ruff comparison, i regreted posting it.
Esp!!!
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by stratdud39
well i do lave my strings on until one pops, which is like 2 months, but it was just a ruff comparison, i regreted posting it.

It's all good. I just wanted to make sure the TS didn't get the wrong impression about active pups b/c they don't take a whole lot of juice out of the battery. In all fairness too, I have to change my strings every 3 weeks or so b/c they go dead so fast b/c I play a lot.

To the TS: If you get the ESP make sure to unplug it when you're not playing. Leaving it plugged will drain the battery in less than a week.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Anything can play anything, but the difference is doing it decently.
You can get a good tone for most things with EMGS, the cleans aren't that strong but they are adequate.
As always It depends on the amp...

alright now ur just being a pain in the @$$....
Quote by zhunt1130
It's all good. I just wanted to make sure the TS didn't get the wrong impression about active pups b/c they don't take a whole lot of juice out of the battery. In all fairness too, I have to change my strings every 3 weeks or so b/c they go dead so fast b/c I play a lot.

To the TS: If you get the ESP make sure to unplug it when you're not playing. Leaving it plugged will drain the battery in less than a week.

kool, i dont have much experience with them, so yaa
Quote by stratdud39
alright now ur just being a pain in the @$$....

Tis all 'reet

E-Married to Funny_Page