Im ready to upgrade from my crappy micro cube , I almost only play metal (Trivium, Bfmv, in flames, lamb of god etc) but occasionally some clean stuff
My budget is around 600$, i will use it for bedroom use and some jamming with friends , might join a band in the future
So, which is better in your opinion,
I've only tried the 6260 so far and it was really awesome, but it was the head not the combo, are there any difference in sound between the head and the combo version?
And i've heard some stories about bugera amps lack in quality , is this true?

Would really appreciate some help with this choice
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
The Bugera 6260 is a great amp for the money.
If you like that tone, get the combo. It sounds identical to the head.
It would be a better choice than the Randall I think, especially since
they cost the same.
I haven't played the Bugera but the Randall you selected is pretty beastly
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
B-52 AT112 gets no love? Loads of gain and awesome almost Fender like cleans. A B-52 AT112 and a OD of some sort and I promise you'll be happy. I recommend a EQ also.
Quote by Titans36
B-52 AT112 gets no love? Loads of gain and awesome almost Fender like cleans. A B-52 AT112 and a OD of some sort and I promise you'll be happy. I recommend a EQ also.

Haven't those been discontinued? I know our local GC stopped carrying them. They even moved the floor models to the used section and I really regret not buying one because the were cheap and like brand new. They also had the 2 X 12 combo and a half stack there too.
Quote by caraluzzo
Played both.
I'd go Randall, if I were you.
Really? I watched a demo of the amp and it sounded really cheap and fuzzy. Then again, I think the guys using it were just idiots who completely dimed their distortion.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
The Randall sound pretty good if it's tweaked right, just like most other Randall amps.
Either way, if that $600USD, I think he can get something he'll be much happier with, but I'm not sure if he's interested in used combos.
I cant get a head because i cant afford a cab+head
And yes i can buy a used combo amp but there aren't such a big selection of used combo amps here in sweden.
But got any examples of good combo's that i can buy used?

edit: My budget is around 800 dollars, not 600 dollars:P

I live in sweden if anyone wonders

The randall rg50tc and the bugera 6260 cost around 800 dollars here in sweden
800 dollars is about 5000 swedish kronors

Last edited by ryphe at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by Titans36

I think that's a bit of a stretch.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Well, i've looked in alot of stores in stockholm and none seems to have the b-52
So it comes down to the randall and the bugera, right now im aiming more for the bugera
But i've heard stories about bugeras lack in quality, amps breaking in the first week and so on
Is this true? any bugera users here who can share some knowledge?

Quote by theoreticmusic
I think that's a bit of a stretch.

agreed, I wasn't impressed with the B52 at all. The distortion that everyone raved about as the Recto's little brother was extremely thin and lifeless. Cleans were pretty good but Fender clean? No
köp bugeran! priset är helt awesome för kvaliteten, jag tror att den är billigast på m-börsen :P
Om jag var du så skulle jag spara till en Engl Screamer, men av de där så skulle jag ta Bugeran.

err...get the Bugera, or save up for a Screamer.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
It seems like none of the "musikbörsen" stores in stockholm have the bugera 6260, you have to make a order by yourself and it will take over a month to get it, they only have the head, and i cant afford a head + a cab so my choice is either to get the randall, or find the bugera used or in any other store in stockholm

Last edited by ryphe at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by ryphe
It seems like none of the "musikbörsen" stores in stockholm have the bugera 6260, you have to make a order by yourself and it will take over a month to get it, they only have the head, and i cant afford a head + a cab so my choice is either to get the randall, or find the bugera used or in any other store in stockholm

They have the combo and it takes about three weeks if you order it. I know because I bought one from there myself.

Bugeran har väldigt bra ljud för att vara såpass billig.
Quote by Titans36

yup yup.
i say the bugera 333XL is worth looking at as well, the B-52 does alot for a little money and sounds good on both DS and CL channels, but the bugera is awesome for metal.
why dont you just buy a used 5150 or 6505?
Quote by zhunt1130
agreed, I wasn't impressed with the B52 at all. The distortion that everyone raved about as the Recto's little brother was extremely thin and lifeless. Cleans were pretty good but Fender clean? No

it also depends on what cab you ran it trough, i ran it trough a 1960 and it sounded great.
the factory cab is shit
Quote by THEKID546

why dont you just buy a used 5150 or 6505?

They're pretty expensive in Europe (well, outside UK at least). Also, might not be easy to try one before buying it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
since you don't have a cab, ill suggest the bugera 333xl combo (will cost around 800 US). or maybe the 5150?
I would go for Randall as the Bugera has been known to have reliability issues, plus the fact that the Randall has just as much gain as the Bugera, if not more.
I say Bugera. My combo has done 35+ shows, recorded a CD with it, and treated it like a red-headed step child and it still loves me back. I just retubed it with KT77s and it sound even better than it did before.

Gain is NO problem with this thing. I ran my pre-gain at around 3 during the recording session, and thats pretty much where it stays.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge