I just saw them live for the first time this weekend, awesome show, the bouncer that was on the stage (in the back) was a total prick for the most part throwing people off the stage even when Mark Arm was ****ing around with them, but then after he gave me both of the drummers drum sticks

all in all it was one hell of an amazing ****ing show, the opening bands were awesome as well (local canadian punk / grunge bands)
Quote by adr11iano
they aint punk or ska

Their definitely one of the more punk grunge bands, though. This should be in Modern Rock, but I think it'll be fine here.

On topic, I love Mudhoney.

Jack my swag
Quote by adr11iano
they aint punk or ska

Mudhoney is punk, the only reason why they're not thought of as punk by most people is cause they're from Seattle + they have progressive songs

most of their songs are structured like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCyMAnPi_o

Quote by daz93
I mudhoney
in n' out of grace has an amazing groove

**** man, the pit for that, suck you dry, touch me i'm sick, and money will roll right in was ****ing insane man, I don't think anyone was standing still, even the guys that were like 50 were in the pit, it was a ****ing awesome atmosphere + the guy at the bar knew I was underage but he let me in anyways
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by mbbmalcolm
I love Mudhoney, they are one of the more tolerable grunge bands.

Meh, most of grunge bands were pretty similar to 80's hardcore (Nirvanas first album : Bleach, all the "Riot Grrl / Grunge" bands too, Bikini Kill, L7, etc..), or just really aggressive punk with a different lyrical approach (Mudhoney, Tad, some gas huffer)

Dunno why AiC are considered grunge, even though I love 'em, same for sound garden, pearl jam, and Stone Temple Pilots.
Mudhoney are a tight band.

They don't stand out, but they're solid, and consistent.

Provided I'm in the right mood, I can listen all the way through 'superfuzz bigmuff'. There aren't that many records I can.
Had it not been for the grunge wave, people in general would have a much better understanding of rock classification I think. Mudhoney and Nirvana, both punk. AiC and Soundgarden, both metal. But theyre all 'grunge'? See what I mean? I stand on the same lines as many of the bands' memebers. I hate the grunge scene. Its commercial bullsh*t.

A bit more on topic.. I love Mudhoney, the only thing I dont like about them keeping such a low profile is that they dont really make it to the Southeast very often ya kno? Ive always wanted to see them.
Quote by Cameronrobson
are they the guys who sing touch me im sick?

yup

Quote by PenFighter19
Had it not been for the grunge wave, people in general would have a much better understanding of rock classification I think. Mudhoney and Nirvana, both punk. AiC and Soundgarden, both metal. But theyre all 'grunge'? See what I mean? I stand on the same lines as many of the bands' memebers. I hate the grunge scene. Its commercial bullsh*t.

A bit more on topic.. I love Mudhoney, the only thing I dont like about them keeping such a low profile is that they dont really make it to the Southeast very often ya kno? Ive always wanted to see them.

They don't make it to the northeast often either, apparently this is their first time in 10 years in montreal
Mudhoney is ****in amazing, and after watching that live youtube performance thanks to Swap Meet, I think I am becoming more of a fan.

Also, if you like these guys, check out Fang.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
Mudhoney is ****in amazing, and after watching that live youtube performance thanks to Swap Meet, I think I am becoming more of a fan.

Also, if you like these guys, check out Fang.

Yeah they have a fang cover that's been a part of their live set for atleast 15 years, Nirvana covered it alot too (not as well though), "The Money Will Roll Right In" they opened with that on saturday.

There's even a live performance of Mudhoney with Cobain on guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc0sfGTuVfs
Amazing band.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by Swap-Meet
Yeah they have a fang cover that's been a part of their live set for atleast 15 years, Nirvana covered it alot too (not as well though), "The Money Will Roll Right In" they opened with that on saturday.

There's even a live performance of Mudhoney with Cobain on guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc0sfGTuVfs

Yeah, uhh lol Money will roll right in is a sweet song....

BUT

like every other Fang song is seriously better, well some songs are short n' fast, but live there tight, and mixes well in structure. (same with Mudhoney, progressive, then fast songs like touch me in sick)

but Yeah, I suggest anyone having the chance to see Fang, see them. They are amazing live, great musician ship too.

Next band on my list of bands to see is of course Mudhoney
Quote by Mav-16
Yeah, uhh lol Money will roll right in is a sweet song....

BUT

like every other Fang song is seriously better, well some songs are short n' fast, but live there tight, and mixes well in structure. (same with Mudhoney, progressive, then fast songs like touch me in sick)

but Yeah, I suggest anyone having the chance to see Fang, see them. They are amazing live, great musician ship too.

Next band on my list of bands to see is of course Mudhoney

Upcoming Shows ( view all )
Nov 14 2008 8:00P
The El Rey Theater Los Angelos, California
Nov 15 2008 8:00P
Casbah San Diego, California
Dec 12 2008 8:00P
Independent San Francisco, California
Dec 13 2008 8:00P
Rio Theater Santa Cruz, California

dunno if those are near you but if they are you should really try to go, it is a little pricey at 20$ but it really is worth it, it's probably one of the first shows I've been to where both openers were really awesome too.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Upcoming Shows ( view all )
Nov 14 2008 8:00P
The El Rey Theater Los Angelos, California
Nov 15 2008 8:00P
Casbah San Diego, California
Dec 12 2008 8:00P
Independent San Francisco, California

Dec 13 2008 8:00P
Rio Theater Santa Cruz, California

dunno if those are near you but if they are you should really try to go, it is a little pricey at 20$ but it really is worth it, it's probably one of the first shows I've been to where both openers were really awesome too.

ooohh.....

I'm going to request that day off from work to morrow

and lol..... by the way, I never did care about concert prices, 20 dollars is well worth it if you ask me.

I spent 25 dollars on Flipper, and I'd spend 25 more to see em again in a heartbeat.

the whole "be a cheap punk" thing is stupid if you ask me.....

But yeah, I guess if you are like buying drugs every day and not working it would probably suck....

Life is short, so I'm gonna see as many bands as I can before I die, expensive or not.
Last edited by Mav-16 at Sep 26, 2008,
Not punk in my opinion.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Mav-16
ooohh.....

I'm going to request that day off from work to morrow

and lol..... by the way, I never did care about concert prices, 20 dollars is well worth it if you ask me.

I spent 25 dollars on Flipper, and I'd spend 25 more to see em again in a heartbeat.

the whole "be a cheap punk" thing is stupid if you ask me.....

But yeah, I guess if you are like buying drugs every day and not working it would probably suck....

Life is short, so I'm gonna see as many bands as I can before I die, expensive or not.

the only shows I've seen that actually costed me more than 20$ were slipknot....which was really shitty when I saw them (like in 2005?) they were probably right up there with nirvana in terms of my favourites and I really thought the show sucked. I also saw the Foo Fighters for 50$ and it really was worth it, I'd probably pay it again...Dave Grohl is one hell of a frontman.
Quote by lavazza
I listened to them for the first time now.......they seem to be a harder, less complicated version of Pearl Jam

Well pearl jam have alot in common with Mark Arm [guitar / vocals] & Steve Turner [guitar]

the bass player & drummer from Pearl Jam were in a band with them...before mudhoney & pearl jam..

but I really don't see much in common with those two bands.. especially not in terms of vocals..
Quote by Swap-Meet
but I really don't see much in common with those two bands.. especially not in terms of vocals..

Eddie Vedder is different, that´s right, but when I listened to the second song on their myspace, I immediately though......oh Pearl Jam, it reminded me of oen of their songs, i cannot think which one though
Quote by lavazza
Eddie Vedder is different, that´s right, but when I listened to the second song on their myspace, I immediately though......oh Pearl Jam, it reminded me of oen of their songs, i cannot think which one though

Which mudhoney song?

Alot of their newer stuff is not as punk influenced as it used to be, but it's still really good stuff.

listen to stuff from Superfuzz Bigmuff & Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More
Quote by Swap-Meet
Well pearl jam have alot in common with Mark Arm [guitar / vocals] & Steve Turner [guitar]

the bass player & drummer from Pearl Jam were in a band with them...before mudhoney & pearl jam..

YES. Green River. They ****ing ruled, "Your Own Best Friend" is one of my all-time favorite grunge songs.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
YES. Green River. They ****ing ruled, "Your Own Best Friend" is one of my all-time favorite grunge songs.

Yeah they reunited in Seattle for some big sub pop fest.

I first saw the add somewhere, and i was like **** YEAH GREEN RIVER + MONTREAL = FUN TIMES

but then read on that it was a one day thing...there was so many great bands that played that show.
I watched Mudhoney play from the outside of a 21+ show here in Portland. They sounded great, but I couldn't get in and that was lame. Flipper did the same thing, but I didn't watch them play. But I also saw the ****ing NEW YORK DOLLS play... through a window. But David Johanson was like 20 feet away from me OMG OMG OMG
I'm moving to ****ing Portland after college.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Since today is Halloween and this is a Mudhoney thread i find this to be appropriate.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/home/tab_detail.php?tabid=749836

This is my favorite mudhoney song btw and for any mudhoney fan who hasnt heard it you definetly should check it out
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau