ok so ive had 3 amps in the past two of which i still have my line 6 spider III and one of those new raven pieces of shit!! (don't ask me why i bought either of them). So im just about ready to throw both of them out the window.....so my question is what new amp should i get. i want it to be a half stack between $600 and 800$ i don't care if its tube or not. I play heavy metal so i want it to have a awesome high gain channel for solos.
Peavey 5150, XXX are good.
If you could find a used Randall it'd do ya well.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Most half stacks under 1k are crap. But you can find tube combos in that range that are amazing.

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT-100
Peavey Valveking w/ speaker swap
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb

Any of these should do you fine.
Is there any on that list that would really stand out as a true Metal amp? with that extreme type distortion!
Imho although stacks look awsome, i still think that you should get a Peavy 5150 iv heard they are pretty brotal although i would defo try an amp out then buy it used off the interclick.
Quote by strat0blaster
Peavey 5150, XXX are good.
If you could find a used Randall it'd do ya well.

This. Or a Bugera 6260 half stack is $750-800. That would be killer for metal.
i've been looking around and the bugeras seem like a good deal. Also the B-52 at-100 seems like it might be nice for metal
Quote by Highwaytohell
Most half stacks under 1k are crap. But you can find tube combos in that range that are amazing.

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT-100
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb

All these amps are perfect for what you play TS, may as well throw the Mesa F-series amps in there as well.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Highwaytohell

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT-100
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb

Quote by VeterholtzeN
Is there any on that list that would really stand out as a true Metal amp? with that extreme type distortion!

Although they are all voiced differently, they are all (for the most part) metal amps. Any of these will work for you
Well any of them apart from the Valveking. I Wish people would learn you can truely make a non-metal amp sound great for metal there not designed for it.
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Well any of them apart from the Valveking. I Wish people would learn you can truely make a non-metal amp sound great for metal there not designed for it.

My VK actually does thrash metal (at least) really well... IbanezPsycho also gets a pretty sweet metal tone out of his VK100 head.

Also, this guy on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CI117wHoKQ
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Zakk_Lp

yeah, if you actually payed attention to any arguments on the forums (about VKs), you'd learn that with a few mods(mainly speaker swap), and an OD pedal, you CAN do metal with a VK.
O O

___
Quote by Highwaytohell

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT-100
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb

This
You win
Quote by Highwaytohell

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT-100
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb

I've put the good choices in bold.
O O

___
Quote by Highwaytohell

Bugera 6262
Bugera 333xl
Randall RG50TC
B-52 AT-100
Used Peavey 5150 combo
Used Peavey XXX combo
Used Mesa DC-2
Used Mesa .50 Caliber
Used Mesa Rectoverb

And the Mesa F series used as mentioned. Hwytohell, how did you ever miss that, LOL. But between them it is a matter of personal taste and playing style.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
He did mention the DC series which is very similar, the F series actually replaced the DC series if I'm not mistaken and the express replaced the f-series.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
He has it. I think you mentioned in another thread Kevin, that the F series was replaced because it was cutting into recto sales?
Either way, great amp
Bugera=Junk.
Theres a reason there prices are so low. There cheaply made knock-offs.

More the likely, you're not going to find a descent halfstack for that price. You're better off getting a combo, such as some stated above. The only way to know what you want is by simply going out and trying amps.