so yeah i played a friends really really high end parker, and i love the feel of the neck and the fretboard, and it had a really cool/weird sound and i kinda want to get one for my jackson anyone know where i can i looked around alot but cant find anyone that makes them.

also his guitar didnt sound as good as mine did with distortion/ his $3000 custom parker VS my stock $650 jackson. is this because of the guitar and the pickups or did the fretboard have that big of an effect on the sound?

thanks people!
Did you play them through the same amp on the same settings?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Carbon Fiber? I have laid up carbon fiber parts for my flying obsession but for a fretboard?? My inital thoughts would be that CF is LIGHT!

I would think this would make sustain and low notes weak. I could be wrong but wow, I would have never thought of making one out of CF other than for a base to inlay some hardwood.

Chris
Quote by thsrayas
Did you play them through the same amp on the same settings?

same exact settings, didnt touch a thing, no boost gain or anything on either guitar.
^What kind of pups did the parker have and what kind of pups did the jackson have and what kind of tone were you going for?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
im not going for the tone as much as i want the feel, if possible id like to buy a neck made of carbon fiber and just put it on my jackson. and i dont know where to get one.
It's actually a carbon composite. I think it is ebony and carbon, but I might be wrong on that part. Washburn is now putting them on high-end guitars too. They are cheaper, but as for just the board I wouldn't know where to get one.
i know exactly what you mean! they feel so great! i wish i could find one to buy too, but i agree that it is a very different tone
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by end_citizen
It's actually a carbon composite. I think it is ebony and carbon, but I might be wrong on that part. Washburn is now putting them on high-end guitars too. They are cheaper, but as for just the board I wouldn't know where to get one.

Pretty cool. I'd like to see pics! CF does look very cool too. I have a couple of propellors made of CF and the pattern is neat

Chris