I have always wanted one, and they're actually pretty cheap for what type of guitars they are, i mean u can get a custom one for about $1000, and les pauls are $2000, but i was wondering about how good they actually are. Are there only certain guitar that are good. I really want one, and i plan on getting one in the future.
I've played a couple Carvin guitars. I really liked them. Good quality guitars and yeah, they're a great price.

Not only that, but they're usually beautiful as far as looks go.

I played one in a Line 6 and it even sounded great, so you should be good there.
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Sep 22, 2008,
Carvins sell direct to buyer
so yes
the quality of that 1000 dollar carvin is equal, if not better than the gibson 2000 dollar.
I don't even shred
They're completely worth it, fantastic guitars all around. My next electric guitar will be a Carvin 7 string.
Top-Quality stuff.

My personal favourite brand of anything guitar related.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I own a Carvin 7 string and its a beast, i would definately recommend buying from carvin, well worth the money.
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
Great guitars, I'm playing a DC 127 as we are typing this. They can be had very cheaply second hand.
thanks guys/girls!, i think im gonna save up for a carvin for my next guitar.
any thoughts on hic one would be good for me? i play mosly guns n roses, metallica(although not with the band), van halen, and hendrix.
i have no idea on what model i should get, so any help is much appreciated
Kinda, not helpful but this guy, bulb, has a carvin, I think a 7 string, and he likes it a lot... hah sorry i never played one, but anything this guy bulb has, i know is good. he can afford anything and he obviously picked that with a engl fireball :P
Carvins are custom made, go online and make it just the way you want it.

Also, I hope to have one by the end of the year, they are delicious.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I play a Carvin CT3C(didn't want the quilt) and it's awesome.
However I do sometimes wish that it had just a bit lower action.
But it's a great looking, and great sounding guitar. I have never regretted buying it!
The good ones are great.
The bad ones are crap.

If you get one, fork out the extra cash for a high-end one. It's worth it.
Member of the Laney Cult