I'm wondering which wa'h to get, I looked through the Wa'h thread, and I'm still confused with what I should go with.

I want to hit Kirk Hammett's tone as my band covers a lot of their songs, a lot off the new album to, I really like the wa'h tone off the new one. It's mainly for high gain, it will be going through a Marshall TSL60, and I'm using Duncan's in my Ibanez.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by i_am_metalhead
Kirk uses a Dunlop Original Crybaby.

No he does not, I assure you, I own one and they blow major balls, he uses a rack mounted multi hundred dollar wa'h, not some crappy original wa'h, the originals weren't bad 10 years ago but they suck now.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
No he does not, I assure you, I own one and they blow major balls, he uses a rack mounted multi hundred dollar wa'h, not some crappy original wa'h, the originals weren't bad 10 years ago but they suck now.

When he plays live he uses a Dunlop DCR-1SR rack mount wah with the remote wah controllers all over the stage.

In the studio he uses a Dunlop Original Crybaby.
get on with the fassel or even morley pw
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by i_am_metalhead
When he plays live he uses a Dunlop DCR-1SR rack mount wah with the remote wah controllers all over the stage.

In the studio he uses a Dunlop Original Crybaby.

No he does not, I can assure you, those things crack at high gain, they are meant for clean, and even still they sound bad, he does not use a crybaby, it's a piece of crap.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
No he does not, I can assure you, those things crack at high gain, they are meant for clean, and even still they sound bad, he does not use a crybaby, it's a piece of crap.

Seriously, don't try to argue with me. You can't assure me of anything. I know for a fact that he uses an Original Crybaby in the studio. He bought his first one right before they recorded Kill 'Em All and he has used them in the studio on every album they've written.

Edit: Jesus... what was I thinking. I meant he uses the Crybaby Classic, not the original. I just got home from a long, boring day at work - sorry.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Seriously, don't try to argue with me. You can't assure me of anything. I know for a fact that he uses an Original Crybaby in the studio. He bought his first one right before they recorded Kill 'Em All and he has used them in the studio on every album they've written.

Edit: Jesus... what was I thinking. I meant he uses the Crybaby Classic, not the original. I just got home from a long, boring day at work - sorry.

Ok, cuz I was about to say, I own the original and it sux, high gain it screeches and stuff really bad.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Ok, cuz I was about to say, I own the original and it sux, high gain it screeches and stuff really bad.

Yea he uses the Crybaby Classic in the studio and the DCR-1SR rack wah live.

My suggestion is try out as many different wahs as you can (if you have the ability to - I know where I live I would have to drive a couple hours to the nearest store to try out pedals) and find one that you like - keeping the Crybaby Classic in mind. You may find that you like something else better.

Personally I use the Ibanez Weeping Demon and it works really well with high gain metal - in my experience the more gain you have with this particular wah, the better it sounds.
535Q

/thread
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects: