i keep touching the fron bumper of my car against the parking thing :(

i have a volvo s60 2005 i just bought it a like a week ago but something that is driving me nuts is i cant calculate how close i am to touching the parking thing

i drove a bmw 1995 318is before and with the other car i did not have to worry about it because the bumper would never touch it even if i hit the parking thing with the wheels and i was able to see the hood from my drivers seat but this car is bigger and i can barely see the hood

by parking thing i mean the kind of triangular thing on the floor kind like stone that usually says guest or reserved i dont know the name of that thing

so i think i have 2 options

1.raise suspension

but i dont know how to do it or if it is expensive to get someone to do it for me
and i touch the ground in some other places that are low such as bumps and railroad tracks

2.learn how to park the thing somehow lol which is almost impossible i scratched it like 3 times already and i fear i can mess my front bumper

what can i do to solve this damm problem?anybody have a similar problem?

any help,tips,advice is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
3. Take your driving test again

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I think you just need to learn how far you can go into a space without bumping it. Imagine you had a supercar or something, you'd need to do the same with it.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Just imagine where you would normally stop, but then stop like 1 foot before your instinct.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I think you should put bubblewrap over your bumper until you learn to park properly. It will look atrocious so you'll learn quickly
Back into the spot?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Bumpers are only designed to withstand a 5mph collision, so it doesn't really matter if you ruin it or not, it ain't saving your life in a head on collision. As for what you need to do, look at where your car is in relation to the other cars, if your mirrors line up you're good, stop accelerating.
Learn how to drive in London then you'll be okay.

Srsly.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Back into the spot?

you my friend are a genius that is one of the simplest solutions i never thought of that i just went out to check the car the bumper is still a little low but i got to try it out see if it works that's a great suggestion

Bumpers are only designed to withstand a 5mph collision, so it doesn't really matter if you ruin it or not, it ain't saving your life in a head on collision. As for what you need to do, look at where your car is in relation to the other cars, if your mirrors line up you're good, stop accelerating

k i try that but when i park next to suvs and cars that are touching the thing with the wheels is really tough to get an idea how far im fron the thing

the bumper if i dont park right gets stuck on the thing and it kind of pulls it so im worry i might pull front bumper one of this days
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash