Looking to sell my crappy Line 6 halfstack for a nice, but cheaper tube combo. My budget is probably about $600 CAN. or a little bit more. I'm a sorta gigging musician, my band plays every here and there at outdoor parties, small clubs, sometimes arenas (local halftime shows) etc.

I play a little of everything, but mostly modern rock (Nickelback, Foo Fighters...), metal (Metallica, Megadeth...), Classic Rock/80s Metal (Van Halen, Bon Jovi...), i know im supposed to go try stuff out myself, but i also need some personal preferance first.

So far I've sorta been looking at the Peavey Valveking 112 Combo Amp, but i'm not sure if it will be loud enough for a band (50 watts) and stuff. Just need some help, not too familiar with tube stuff. Thanks!
Quote by Ghold125
Traynor YCV50blue, should do that.

I got all excited to type this, then scrolled down and saw you already did!

I just bought one, I'm going to do my best to get a nice vid up. Just have to track down some proper recording equipment...

Anyway, definitely go play a Traynor.

-J
I was gonna say the traynor as well, made in canada and a very nice sounding amp. You'll probably want an OD for metal, but otherwise fits the bill quite well.

Some other options are a classic 30 or 50, these would need a boost for metal as well, but it's doable. Maybe a mesa f-30, f-50, or a dc series (all similar) if you can find one, they're out of production so you gotta look used.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Peavey Classic 50 with a Bad Monkey in front for the heavy stuff......works all day
Don't know what Country you are based in (so not sure on retail), but Laney tube combo amps are f***ing amazing! Clean tones are second to none and their overdrive channels are really nice and thick! They have the ability to send an effects loop and have got built in reverb! Also they are loud as anything, so definitely have a look on the Laney.co.uk website, I would recommend the LC-30II as it handles anything and everything with attitude! If you are after a more vintage/classic amp then the VC-30 and for a more studio sound then the Lionheart series!
Hope this helps, I find Laney to have great prices for their products and they have great customer service!
^Well, he said he has 600 CAN$ to spend so, he's probably from Bolivia.

Edit: NVM, you caught it
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Duh just realised you wrote CAN; not sure if they ship in Canada! Peavey 112 is good again not sure on gig-worthiness of it though, seem to remember the Peavey 212 Bandit? being a good amp......at one point
Quote by Kevin Saale
I was gonna say the traynor as well, made in canada and a very nice sounding amp. You'll probably want an OD for metal, but otherwise fits the bill quite well.

Some other options are a classic 30 or 50, these would need a boost for metal as well, but it's doable. Maybe a mesa f-30, f-50, or a dc series (all similar) if you can find one, they're out of production so you gotta look used.

Take your pick from anything in this post.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Crate V-50 or Peavy Valveking (50 wat)

and yes...they will definitely be loud enough (get the crate v-50 from axemusic.com if you're from canada 252$ with free shipping + shipping insurance brand new!)

I suggest the Crate V-50 cause it's like 170$ cheaper, and from what people on here it seems liek they're just as good as the VK
There are clips of the Traynor YCV50 blue in my profile, try it out great amp. Also, if you can try out the YCV40 as well.
As long as it's not a Belguim watt model. If you can up north, try a Traynor YCS50. I have tried the YCV50 Blue, awesome amp for what you play, but the YCS is a newer model worth plugging into as well. I found the OD on the YCV40 to be less than desirable for your uses. I realize craigslist sucks in Canada, but keep your eyes open. Check daily. The Peavey Classic 30 and 50 would also be good to plug into for a go.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.