ok, if u have read my last 3 threads, i was looking for a science project. I have found one. The project is to build two guitar pickups, and test if a stronger magnet will make the sound better. But one problem, i do not know how to test them to see which sounds better, because i need to collect data with numbers to do the project. So if u could tell me (or give me a link to somewhere) how i can compare the two pickups PLEASE TELL ME!!! or if you have any other ideas tell me those to, ok thanks. i know this is a duplicate, but i have almost found the answer to my problem, i will use a multimedia to test the voltage of each pickup under the same conditions, thanks to steven seagull, ok so still if u have any suggestions or ways to make it better or fun, post a reply
You'd need an operational definition of "sounds better", which would be difficult since it's entirely subjective. You'd also need to eliminate confounding variables such as the composition of the magnet, to ensure that the only difference in the strength. If you're planning of testing the sound, you'd need to try them each out in the exact same position on the exact same guitar, running through the exact same setup, with the exact same settings. You'd then need some sort of recording equipment with a perfectly flat response, which would then be run into some sort of software that could examine the audio signal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
You'd need an operational definition of "sounds better", which would be difficult since it's entirely subjective. You'd also need to eliminate confounding variables such as the composition of the magnet, to ensure that the only difference in the strength. If you're planning of testing the sound, you'd need to try them each out in the exact same position on the exact same guitar, running through the exact same setup, with the exact same settings. You'd then need some sort of recording equipment with a perfectly flat response, which would then be run into some sort of software that could examine the audio signal.

shit sorry i forgot to put the details in cuz im lazy. ok here is wht im going to do- take my old peice of shit guitar, cut all the shitty strings off, take the shitty pickups out of that peice of shit, already done. next im gonna make two pickups from some how to do website on the internet. after that is done, going to put stronger magnets on the second one, to see what it does. ok now heres the part i need help with, somehow i need to measure somehting that makes the sound or something better, which needs graphs, data, numbers and shit like that. i found one thing by using a multimedia, which i already have, and test the voltage for the two pickups. i do no have the money to go spend hundreds of dollars on equipment to do some shitty science fair project. my teacher told me this should be fun, if something is not possible, i do it on some ****ing plants getting raped by sea monkey project. thanks agian
Seriously, four threads on this? Not only is it spam, it's insulting to the people who helped out in other threads.

reported
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Seriously, four threads on this? Not only is it spam, it's insulting to the people who helped out in other threads.

reported

I AM SORRY BUT I NEED TO GET THIS DONE, AND THERE IS NOWHERE ELSE WHERE I CAN ASK PEOPLE WHERE TO FIND THE INFORMATION. ok everythread there was always something wrong with it and i got answers that didnt help, and the ones that did, i still needed more informaition, u can report it if u want, but this is the only place i can get this info, if you have any other suggestions tell me, but untill then i gotta do this.