Do i need both to get a hendrix sound? Im also going to get a TS9
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
You sir need a better amp to get anywhere NEAR it. Those pedals won't do anything on an MG. Start with a class A tube amp.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
You sir need a better amp to get anywhere NEAR it. Those pedals won't do anything on an MG. Start with a class A tube amp.

Yeah i got plans for that already. Now halp meh
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
You're not going to get Jimi Hendrix's sound just by getting those effects. You'll get a fuzz sound and an octave sound, but not exactly like Jimi Hendrix. I've been down that road my friend. It's an unhappy place when you figure out that no matter how hard you try you're not going to sound like him.

But anyway, they're good pedals. And if you want a tubescreamer, get a TS808. It's a little more expensive, but the difference is noteable.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

No seriously. It's not even worth it without the amp. But if you insist. A fuzz pedal would do you good, but I don't think you really need the octavio. Although there is that fuzz octavio JH pedal.
I mean even with the nicest amp you'll still sound like you. You might get a similar tone, esp with fuzz, but it won't sound at all like him.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
^ Dude dont start with this amp stuff
Quote by VoodooCow229
You're not going to get Jimi Hendrix's sound just by getting those effects. You'll get a fuzz sound and an octave sound, but not exactly like Jimi Hendrix. I've been down that road my friend. It's an unhappy place when you figure out that no matter how hard you try you're not going to sound like him.

But anyway, they're good pedals. And if you want a tubescreamer, get a TS808. It's a little more expensive, but the difference is noteable.

Well i heard i could just get a TS9 and mod it and it would be just as good, and ive also heard the ts9 is pretty good, but il try them out, and what exactly does the octave pedal do? I dont really know what they sound like.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by KennySG

Well i heard i could just get a TS9 and mod it and it would be just as good, and ive also heard the ts9 is pretty good, but il try them out, and what exactly does the octave pedal do? I dont really know what they sound like.

The octave pedal in that case doubles your sound down an octave so you get the normal octave, and then down one.

The modded ts-9 might be just as good. But the 808 is wonderful to begin with. If you don't mind modding a ts-9 and don't mind paying for it then it might be worth it.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by KennySG

Use youtube to test fuzz and octavio sounds. If I recall it raises or lowers the pitch you're actually playing or something.

Octave-effect boxes are a type of special effects unit which mix the input signal with a synthesised signal whose musical tone is an octave lower or higher than the original. The synthesised octave signal is derived from the original input signal by halving (octave-down) or doubling (octave-up) the frequency. This is possible due to the simple two-to-one relationship between the frequencies of musical notes which are separated by an octave. One of the first popular musicians to employ the octave effect was Jimi Hendrix, who also used a variety of other effects in his recordings and public performances.

Octave-up effects usually use full wave rectification using diodes to "fold up" the negative part of the waveform to make a new waveform an octave higher in pitch.

Octave-down effects are typically produced by converting the signal to a square wave, and then using flip-flop circuits to divide the frequency by two. This creates a buzzy synthesizer like tone. The MXR Blue Box used this method to create a Two Octave drop (expanded to include One Octave down in later re-issues).

There ya go. Thats what it does.

Also, looking at your gear, not that it matters, but jimi used a Vox wah, also check out the Summer of Love Fender custom pick-ups. Supposed to be the pick-ups to replicate the sound of woodstock, or check out the person who hand wound hendrix's pick-ups and buy them from her ($200USD I think for a set of 3).

Also, like many others say, you need a tube amp, and you'll still sound like you. Hendrix sounds cool, but you should mold the sound and style into your own.