I love them
41 53%
Meh, theyre okay
27 35%
Nasty
10 13%
Voters: 78.
guess it depends what kind of music you like to play
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
their lower end ones suck, but if you get a higher end one they are amazing guitars...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
well i love the sounds they produce but i think the shapes are boring overused and just plain sterotypical guitars
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
They make guitars. Some like them, some don't. They have their strong points and weak points, like any other friggin' guitar out there. Why does there have to be a thread about this?

best wishes,
Captain Obvious
i love them, the necks are like butter, so smooth and thing i can play anything on them, i love the neck joint on most RGs and S series they arent a big square block like strats and some other guitars
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I used played an Ibanez S Series guitars and it was perfect. The neck was so very smooth and easier to shred on. The tremelo was also amazing, very clean and smooth. I mainly only used it to play Yngwie and Children of Bodom stuff however.
Quote by TheQuailman
Why does there have to be a thread about this?

best wishes,
Captain Obvious

because i was curious, "captain obvious".

I want to know what people think
They're ok. I don't think they're the answer to the world's problems like some people do, however. I dislike their as-thin-as-physically-possible necks, as well as the fact that if you buy one you pretty much have to shell out another $120+ on decent pickups.
Quote by HighPotency
They're ok. I don't think they're the answer to the world's problems like some people do, however. I dislike their as-thin-as-physically-possible necks, as well as the fact that if you buy one you pretty much have to shell out another $120+ on decent pickups.

not all their models have thin necks... try the SZR, the ART etc...

and also everyone says the pickups are bad - not true..

i have an iceman with INF 3 and 4 and although they dont excel in any single genre, they are EXTREMELY versatile and dont sound shitty for anything. I would rather have some SDs though...
I like them. They feel conferable and I like the shapes. I prefer to have a metal sound to without a crazy "look at me I'm metal, look at this brootlz shape" look.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by SMBoo28
well i love the sounds they produce but i think the shapes are boring overused and just plain sterotypical guitars

says the guy using a Les Paul shaped guitar.

they have had the superstrat shape, the not so superstrat shape, the iceman, the fireman, the voyager, the obligatory flying V variation (a few of them actually), a les paul shape, A double cutaway shape, a semi hollow single cutaway shape, a semi hollow double cutaway, an explorer type, a plain old strat shape, the xiphos shape, and probably a few more that I don't know about.

compare that to gibson with the les paul, the double cutaway, the V, the explorer, the semi hollows, the firebird and a few older models that didn't really last long.

or Fender with the strat, tele, mustang, Jaguar and some others I can't remember.

people saying that they only make a few guitars made with only thin necks and built for shred are only showing their ignorance.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Spec-wise they aren't the nicest guitars out there but they feel very, very nice to play IMO and the quality on them is pretty good

and the Prestige guitars offer some of the best quality you can find imo, not to mention must cheaper than other made in japan guitars
Quote by 007SixString
i hate them but so many people seem to have a hard-on for them.

puke

YAY HATER HI-FIVE
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
They're shred-sticks, definitely.

Not my thing. I'm not going to go all-out Ibanez-hate just because I don't like the way they feel.
I don't like Ibanez that much, I happened to play a couple different lower-priced models and I didn't have a feel for them, while an LTD in the same price range would satisfy me.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
i love them!

haven't done mcuh with the lower end ones, but the prestige class ones are so nice.

they just feel right in your hands.
I love a lot of RG and S models. They're just so comfortable for me, and sound pretty damn good in my opinion. The wizard necks just feel natural in my hands as opposed to any other necks, such as C shape Fender necks or a 60's Gibson kind of neck. Mainly because my hands are fairly small. My mate has an Ibanez acoustic bass and it is great quality. It sounds great and he has had no bother with it since purchasing it. So, good quality.
ah more liek so many people have a hardon for gibson
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9595/userbar671014hu6.gif[/img]