Hey guys, i was looking through my mail and found an add at my local music shop where they are selling a new kramer pacer guitar for 75 dollars(usually 150) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=kramer+pacer&st= Now i know its not the best guitar, but I was thinking of making it a HSH, and painting it Black white grey and a bit of baby blue, EVH style. So i was just wondering, is it worth doing, and is it possible to paint over a guitar that already is painted.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
dont get from musicians freind,i heard lots of horror stories from them
Read his post. He said from a local shop.

To TS: You'd have to sand the original finish off before you did any painting. 60 grit sandpaper will do the trick.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Including the headstock as well I assume. Also is it going too ruin the shape of the guitar, and can I leave it in one piece?
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
If it's a bolt-on I would remove the neck. And sanding the finish off won't ruin the shape as long as you're careful. Be careful with the headstock; remove all the tuning pegs beforehand. Also, take the electronics out before you do anything. You don't want to get sawdust all over everything even if you are replacing pick ups.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by LP Addict
its plywood, dont get it.

If your looking in to make somthing fun as your first build and paint job I suggest you get it. The first paint I did was the Frankenstrat. It was great.

You need to sand everything till you have no more gloss on the guitar, thats with grit 60 sandpaper. Then with 220 sand till everything is evened out, nice and smooth. Then prime with certain color. And start painting.

Heres a guide to make factory finish with spraycans :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778432

cheers