not really my cup of tea. most of the tracks sound about the same... lots of fast drumming and guitar playing, with incomprehensible vocals. i can see where this kind of music has its place, but whats the point? no offense intended, i do listen to music like this from time to time, im just wondering if you could be doing something better.
Appreciate your opinion. Musicians such as myself that play metal like to push their musical ability by playing a genre that contains some best musicians around. I'm sure if you listened to more that a few seconds of the songs you would realize there is a lot more than speed and screaming.
Quote by moostifur
Appreciate your opinion. Musicians such as myself that play metal like to push their musical ability by playing a genre that contains some best musicians around. I'm sure if you listened to more that a few seconds of the songs you would realize there is a lot more than speed and screaming.

oh dont get me wrong, the playing is incredible. the band is really together and the songs are tight. i just think that if you slowed it down slightly you could fit in some more interesting drum grooves, guitar parts, etc. the vocals are fine for that genre.. but yea. its good playing but personally id prefer some kickass riffs that are distinguishable as opposed to a bunch of fast playing.

being pulveized by music like that is cool from time to time, but youve gotta switch it up, not have every song be like that.

edit: i guess i dont necessarily mean slow it down more often... just change up the sounds a bit.

edit 2: i dont know what im saying. its your music if u want to play brutal metal, more power to you. i guess my point is its not bad, but its not my favorite style, thats all!
Last edited by Divided_Eye at Sep 22, 2008,
I hate your genre. Pure unabashed hatred.

But you execute it well. But I agree with Divided Eye, you need something to make you stand out from every other Thrash/Speed Metal band out there.
If people dont like the genre don't comment. I'm asking about our music and our recordings, not what you think of the genre. Constructive stuff would be nice.
It was a backhanded compliment, I thought you'd appreciate the honesty, and yes it was constructive criticism. I can tell you that you guys are great musicians if you'd like, but as a musician I know you have to look at your competition. So, my honest opinion is that its good, but more of the same.
Last edited by Jandy at Sep 22, 2008,
Kinda, why i want metal fans to give opinions. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate music listeners from all extremes checking it out and commenting but someone who isnt an avid fan of metal wouldnt get as much out of it, or understand as much as a metal listener. Analogy: someone who rarely drinks beer; they will think all beers taste the same.
Quote by moostifur
Kinda, why i want metal fans to give opinions. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate music listeners from all extremes checking it out and commenting but someone who isnt an avid fan of metal wouldnt get as much out of it, or understand as much as a metal listener. Analogy: someone who rarely drinks beer; they will think all beers taste the same.

good point, but at the same time there are those of us who USED to be avid metal fans, and know what a lot of them sound like. we're saying you guys are a good band, but you dont stand out. if people want to see a sick show, theyll check you guys out.. but if you want to make a long-lasting impression you might need to add something different.
Quote by moostifur

You're right. My apologies. Didn't mean to come off to harshly, I don't dig the genre, but I think you guys are good musicians. I am totally biased and rarely hear anything new, so I am not your target demographic, that's for sure. Best of luck.