hey guys, I have a Marshall half stack, its an MG SERIES 100 HDFX.

It wasnt turning on when it was plugged in, so I opened it and checked the fuse, it was blown. I replaced the fuse, i turned it on, it blew again, so I replace it again, and it blew again.

I have tried the slow blowing ones, and they are the right voltage and all that. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Its a really bad quality amp. How long have you had it.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Plugging it into the same socket?
More then likely, it's the sockets you're plugging into.
If you have a power conditioner, I'd try plugging it into that and just plugging the power conditioner in a different socket. Good PC's balance out the level going through it.
theres lots of things that could be wrong, grounding before a switch or other source of resistance metal to metal touching in the wiring somewhere sendin more current through the fuse then allowed etc
Its trying to commit suicide!

it could just be something actually wrong with the amp itself thats making it blow the fuse everytime for a reason, the fuse is a safety precaution after all.
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Quote by bBreaker
Its a really bad quality amp. How long have you had it.

Yeah man, i know haha, i realized that a while after i bought it. I've had it less than a year.

it could just be something actually wrong with the amp itself thats making it blow the fuse everytime for a reason, the fuse is a safety precaution after all.

Do you know what it is?
Quote by Roc8995
Probably a blown power transformer.

Dare I even ask what you would need to do to blow the power tranny on a solid state amp? They are normally tough. A fuse blowing can mean many things on a SS amp, because on a tube amp it's normally the tubes so it is easy to pin down. If you can't afford a new amp, I would have a tech look over it, but chances are if something is wrong, it's terminal.
Quote by CJRocker
Dare I even ask what you would need to do to blow the power tranny on a solid state amp? They are normally tough. A fuse blowing can mean many things on a SS amp, because on a tube amp it's normally the tubes so it is easy to pin down. If you can't afford a new amp, I would have a tech look over it, but chances are if something is wrong, it's terminal.

I've seen a couple MGs with blown power trannies, which is why I mentioned it. It seems weird to blow one on a SS amp, but they were both pretty old amps and it could have just been coincidence, or a bad day at the factory.
On the other hand, you're quite right in saying that it could be many other things and it's not worth fixing in almost all of those cases.
The fuses are commiting suicide to end their miserable existence.

Seriously though, what kind of fuses are you using - it's not unknown to get given the wrong ones by a shop. Also, my Fallen Angel actually has the wrong fuse rating listed on the chassis
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com