Well, Im buying a LTD EC-1000 saturday, I already have a epiphone les paul (worst 700 dollars spent, dont even try and tell me different!) for standard tuning.

So, I was thinking since I'm into music with lower tuning, I was thinking I should put my Ec-1000 in pretty much, B-tuning or like Drop A(/c-tuning) something around there.. Lots of people say don't do it, but why not..

what do I have to do about doing this? adjusting my truss rod, what else? also, i know guitar center on saturdays will adjust your truss rod for free with there guitar tech guy that comes in, im not sure if he does the other stuff for free though. :[

Also, any string reccomendations?
heavy strings is all that i know
and i mean HEAVY!!!
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
.12,s would be the lightest you would put on i'm guessing, but if you're going that low why wouldn't you just get a 7 string? they're tuned standard to B.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
.12,s would be the lightest you would put on i'm guessing, but if you're going that low why wouldn't you just get a 7 string? they're tuned standard to B.

Oh how i want one, but a ec-1000 runs for 850 new, im getting it "used" for 500, all i can really afford.. I would rather have that then a 500 dollar 7 string.
13's in drop A sharp works for me.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
You're gonna need to get some setup and adjustment for those, but year .13s or so would work.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Zero_Mike
13's in drop A sharp works for me.

Thanks, yeah ill probably check that out, cause i think thats what for the fallen dream plays in.

but what else do you have to do besides truss rod? you dont have to change like.. any spring shit in the back or whatever else?
you may have to shave bits of ur nut so i can fit the thicker strings
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by roguearthur
Thanks, yeah ill probably check that out, cause i think thats what for the fallen dream plays in.

but what else do you have to do besides truss rod? you dont have to change like.. any spring shit in the back or whatever else?

If you have a trem you will have to reset it.

I'd recommend you tuning down a guitar with a stop tail bridge. Less to worry about.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2