After much deliberation, I've decided to look for an analog delay. These two seem to be the best for the price.

So now it's time to compare. Advantages and disadvantages of both? Reliability?
you can get 600 milliseconds delay with the carbon copy, and only 350 milliseconds with the AD-9
Carbon Copy, no contest; based on the clips I've heard, it sounds wonderful, and not as bright and tinny as the AD-9 can get on shorter settings...the Carbon Copy's very chimey with slap back, and warm with long repeats.
I think the Carbon Copy is supposed to be like the AD-9 but with some improvements. Mainly longer delay time, which is good because I sometimes feel a bit restricted by the AD-9. So I'd go for that.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Sounds like the Carbon Copy is the way to go.
I had one, it's a nice delay, the modulation is subtle but cool sounding. I never used it so I sold it, but if I had used it more it definitely would've kept it. Getting crazy oscillation and never ending feedback was fun too, a lot of old school recording effects were done with analog delays.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i havent really tried the CC, but i do know the AD-9 is fantastic. i know i personally wouldnt use the modulation on the CC and the shorter delay time isnt a problem for me. if you think you would need those features, the CC is probably the way to go. if you dont need them, try out both and see which sounds better to your ears.
^Will do, this friday
^Will do, this friday
Or just save up some money and get a Deluxe Memory Man, which is much better than the CC and AD-9..
Quote by jof1029
i havent really tried the CC, but i do know the AD-9 is fantastic. i know i personally wouldnt use the modulation on the CC and the shorter delay time isnt a problem for me. if you think you would need those features, the CC is probably the way to go. if you dont need them, try out both and see which sounds better to your ears.

Agreed, the only thing that makes the CC a bit better is those features, if you can do without, go with the AD9, I tried both and preferred the AD9 A LOT more.
Quote by Aetius
Or just save up some money and get a Deluxe Memory Man, which is much better than the CC and AD-9..

Hmmm...

No. Whether or not I can save the money is not an issue. The issue is whether or not I wish to spend 300 dollars on an effects pedal. Which I do not.
The DMM isn't that much better, if any better anyway.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
the CC is a great little unit IMO. The modulation can be very subtle, which is a nice effect if you don't normally use a lot of chorus. You can also adjust the width and speed of the mod effect with 2 internal trimpots if you want it more prevalent. The delay itself sounds great, and doesn't mangle your tone.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^Good to know. I like the modulation-type deal. Seems like it could do a decent Leslie-mixed with tube driven tremolo impression, for teh SRV and Hendrix impression I am wont to do.
Just from reading the posts i can tell you've got your heart set on that Carbon Copy Goolz!

Just make sure you post us pics and samples when you buy it!