So I crack my knuckles a lot. I know that it can lead to arthritis and other stuff like that, but can it hamper my ability to play guitar in any way?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Arthritis would harm your guitar playing, so my guess is... yes!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
thats a myth, cracking knuckles does not cause arthritis.
Hai 2 u
does it cause any loss in finger dexterity?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
cracking your knuckles wont cause arthritis.

personally i feel it loosens my fingers for guirar playing
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
well i hate knuckle crackers, so if you do it near me i might break your fingers off, which would, in turn, hinder your ability to play that git-box
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Apparently they're more prone to have reduced hand-strength and swollen hands when they're older though. Maybe I'd better quit.

EDIT: I almost cracked my knuckles right after I posted this.
Hold your arms straight out like you're about you do some fortune reading. If your hands/fingers constantly twitch, it means you crack your knuckles alot, and it doesn't cause arthritis, but it could hinder your finger dexterity...COULD!
Quote by incarnation
does it cause any loss in finger dexterity?

somewhat, but not enough to write home about.
contrary to popular belief cracking your knuckles does not lead to arthritis but in open places it leads to lots of "ewww's" from girls.
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Nietsche
Quote by RedDeath9
Apparently they're more prone to have reduced hand-strength and swollen hands when they're older though. Maybe I'd better quit.

EDIT: I almost cracked my knuckles right after I posted this.

I cracked my knuckles every time I have entered this thread...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
i actually learned in human anatomy today that cracking your knuckles is actually just moving an air space between your joints from one side to another,
and it doesnt lead to arthritis, either.
I crack my knuckles.
It seems to loosen up my fingers for guitar playing.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by StewieGriffin93
Hold your arms straight out like you're about you do some fortune reading. If your hands/fingers constantly twitch, it means you crack your knuckles alot, and it doesn't cause arthritis, but it could hinder your finger dexterity...COULD!

I crack my knuckles a lot in pretty much every joint in my fingers, and my hands don't twitch when I do that

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
i thought it doesnt have any effect on you at all
it just feels good
and all the girls in my school dont give a shit that you crack your fingers...hell i think ive gotten into finger cracking contest with them
ive heard it releases small bubbles and somehow that can, over time, cause your finger grip and speed to drop. ive popped my knuckles for a long time up until a bit ago...its actually pretty easy to stop
When you crack your fingers fluid rushes into thje spot that moved filling the 'cracks' and thats why you cant crack them again for 15 mins - 1 hour

I dont know if it would do anything really serious unless your addicted to cracking your knuckles but its probably not the greatest

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!