When I shut off my line 6 spider 2 combo(120w) it whines like two seconds after for a second. It works fine, but whats going on with it?

PS: I did hook up one set ofspeaker wires to a 4 ohm cab the other day(the speakers are 8 ohms) when my 4 ohm plug didn't work.
It's a Spider.

The fix: get a better amp.

Seriously though, does the whine cut off after a little bit? Has it always done this? Sometimes, if you're with high gain, it hisses a bit while it turns off.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Last edited by Zero_Mike at Sep 22, 2008,
i can understand getting a Spider 2, second hand, for a practise amp.
but a 120 watt stack?! what the hell is wrong with you? unbelievable.

but yeah, you probably messed up the impedance when you used an 8ohm instead of a 4ohm input
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i can understand getting a Spider 2, second hand, for a practise amp.
but a 120 watt stack?! what the hell is wrong with you? unbelievable.

but yeah, you probably messed up the impedance when you used an 8ohm instead of a 4ohm input

He said it was a 120w combo... and actually I think the Spider II is a 150w combo. How old is the amp? It might just be getting tired now.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Its nice how people mix up opinion with facts. Just because you like an amp doesnt mean I do. I have tried many amps and don't like them. I think marshalls sound like shit for anything other then clean. The spider 2 has a built in noise gate. The spider 2 has 4 savable channels, best you can do with other amps is one clean, one distortion, one solo. It has 3 different levels of distortion(although crunch isn't much of distortion). Also like 10 effects. I don't see why its soooo bad.

Not sure of its age I bought it used but there not that old of amps.Seems I started hearing it now so I figured the cab hookup was the problem.

And ya they had 75,120,150 combos.