I have to play a song for the band teacher for extra credit on Friday. i can play any song i would like too but it needs to be fairly simple because of the time schedule and can basically be anything.

For example, last year me and a classmate played Boku No Atama by Paul Gilbert, that was a lot of fun cause it was easy, had a pretty cool solo, and sounded good with 2 guitars alone.

I will be playing this song for a nun lol. it doesn't necessarily need to have lyrics, preferrably instrumental. I was thinking some sort of classical music maybe? but idk

any suggestions are welcome, thanks
Agile Septor 6 - flame blue: Tonezone/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG350 in black
Douglas Strat copy w/ flame red and licensed floyd: JB bridge/ProTrack neck

Bugera 333 2x12 combo jj tubes
Epiphone Valve Junior head--modified

Boss SD-1
to live is to die by metallica
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
^+1. That song is just so damn catchy!
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Purple Haze.....purple haze....purple haze :P
Or Machine Gun!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Hmmm, how about something like Trademark or Manhattan or something by EJ? I know it's a little advanced, but I see you playing Paul Gilbert so me thinks you can handle it?

I say Trademark. Does it have to be the entire song?
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
Purple Haze.....purple haze....purple haze :P
Or Machine Gun!

Fellow Hendrix Freak stole my Idea!!! PURPLE HAZE FTW Can we be freinds? We HendrixPpl need to Unite
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
If the rock instrumentals are not as much your style, you could try some fingerpicking blues. If you can sing to it then "Never Far Away" by Jack White is EXTREMELY easy, and you could write the lyrics to be more religious, though they are sort of symbolic anyway. Maybe "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton?

You said classical, and both of those are very soft sounding (but not classical, more blues), though both are a little repetitive, since they are based upon one riff that is repeated with only slight variations.

The only real Classical song that I can play is Bouree in E minor by Bach.
I have seen a good tab for Fur Elise if you want that then just ask, but that is fairly difficult.

You asked for easy, but I don't know what easy is for you.

EDIT: If you have two people doing it at once, like two guitarist, do "Never Far Away" and have one do a mandolin part over it, and sort of solo on top of it for added character, just remember to stay on theme with the solo. Hell, maybe do melody line high up on the second guitar while playing the actual guitar part on the other. Here is a tab for it: http://www.brokenbricks.com/cgi-bin/tab.cgi?/tabs/Cold%20Mountain/Never%20Far%20Away.txt
Last edited by ReChord at Sep 22, 2008,
I could hand you over the tabs for "Pomp and Circumstance". Haha.

"Little Wing" by Hendrix also is a good one. To note, there are many instrumentals for it, and the best one in my opinion, by SRV although sick is complicated and advanced. I can't really think of any easy instrumentals.

And "simple" classical, I would recommend "Bianco Fiore" and/or "Capriccio" which are kind of short and consists of mainly quarter notes and stuff, so imagine the simplicity. There's also "Malaguena", but it's a bit more tricky.
But referring to ReChord's suggestion for Fur Elise, I don't really think it's that complicated, only the first part is, but the rest is fairly straightforward.

Or just do a Bob Dylan song -- everyone likes it, simple and not so perplexing.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*