Page 1 of 6
Genre doesn't matter

I just want to know what the most technically challenging metal there is

EDIT:ROFL when I said genre doesn't matter I meant metal genre don't matter, but if you wanna name stuff out of metal that's perfectly fine too
Last edited by o_hai_dere at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by o_hai_dere
Genre doesn't matter

so why'd you put this in the metal forum?

the most technical music known to man is probably some breakcore stuff, like Microphyst, Venetian Snares, Squarepusher etc.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by o_hai_dere
Genre doesn't matter

I just want to know what the most technically challenging metal there is

lolwut

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Necrophagist? Maybe, i don't know. Listening to music that is technical just to be technical is stupid.
Quote by littel
Bloograss prolly. Check it out.

No joke. Bluegrass is ridiculously technical.
Classical piano solos get my vote. Listen to any of the Romantic-era stuff, it's insanely technical.
EDIT: Oh, ok. Umm... Tech death I guess.
Quote by vash_08
Necrophagist? Maybe, i don't know. Listening to music that is technical just to be technical is stupid.

It's more then just for listening my friend
Guitar music wise?

Classical and Jazz.

Music in general?

Classical and Jazz.

Metal?

Technical Death Metal: Popular examples: Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist, Sadist, Martyr, Nile, and Cynic.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
As far as metal goes probably SOP like Slaytanic said, or Behold... The Arctopus for that ridiculous Warr Guitar. (I don't know why anyone would want one aside for novelty, especially at the prices they go for...)
Quote by TheMantipede
Behold... The Arctopus

You missed one important part of the title.

MUSIC

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Naked City,Behold The Arctopus,Negativa,and Unexpect all come to mind
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Actually I really enjoy Behold... The Arctopus a lot. Canada is a great song.

Keep them coming guys
Meh, it sounds like a right mess to me. I mean, I'm not a technical fan per se but it just sounds like ass.

Besides, just because all of your members play in different time signatures at once doesn't make you a good band (You know who you are).

Quote by eggsandham2
I think the problem with Behold... The Arctopus is the guitar tone is quite odd sounding. And they probably went a little overboard with the Warr guitar.
Can people actually not get past non linear structuring systems?,Behold The Arctopus make incredible and well crafted music that has allot more passion and thought put into it then most tech bands and aren't so redundant ( rather then Necrophagist,White Chapel, and most of the bands on that pathetic summer slaughter tour).
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Nightfyre
No joke. Bluegrass is ridiculously technical.
Classical piano solos get my vote. Listen to any of the Romantic-era stuff, it's insanely technical.
EDIT: Oh, ok. Umm... Tech death I guess.

yes, some of Scriabin's solos are ridiculously technical (they sound like it anyway)
Quote by Riffmast
Can people actually not get past non linear structuring systems?

Calling it non-linear is a lame excuse for poor songwriting on their parts. Besides, I listen to plenty of progressive music and most of it has very varying structures.

B...tA will most likely sound like processed shit to my ears, but hey gotta live with it.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Calling it non-linear is a lame excuse for poor songwriting on their parts. Besides, I listen to plenty of progressive music and most of it has very varying structures.

B...tA will most likely sound like processed shit to my ears, but hey gotta live with it.

I don;t see how this band could be considered to have poor song writing, just because it isn't repetitive doesn't mean that things aren't placed for a reason. Allot of Prog is just straight up boring and does little to actually expand the musical spectrum, this is were Behold The Arctopus rapes most of these bands who think they have musical ability.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by diminishedtobme
Behold... The Arctopus > Opeth . foo realz

Negativa
Later Gorguts
Ion Dissonance

This guy knows the score!
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
I don;t see how this band could be considered to have poor song writing, just because it isn't repetitive doesn't mean that things aren't placed for a reason. Allot of Prog is just straight up boring and does little to actually expand the musical spectrum, this is were Behold The Arctopus rapes most of these bands who think they have musical ability.

We have an opinion, captain!

Seriously, half of your statement is belligerent nonsense that's just saying "My opinion > Yours" which...wait a minute...

ISN'T?!?!

End of discussion.

Quote by eggsandham2
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by kinzoku

sorry, but the title says most technical MUSIC not most technical SCALE PRACTICE...i'm so funny and awesome for stealing jokes *pats self on back*
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
We have an opinion, captain!

Seriously, half of your statement is belligerent nonsense that's just saying "My opinion > Yours" which...wait a minute...

ISN'T?!?!

I can express my opinion just as you can and me doing so doesn't imply that i think mine is more correct. I'm simply explaining reasoning to my opinion. Way to simplify some real good points into a false accusation of character. Get off the forums if you don't want to discuss the subject matter.I love how people switch to insults with big words when they can't defend their side of an arguement
Quote by Steve08

Alright, I'll take your good points:

- Behold...the Arctopus are apparently expanding music. If tomorrow's music is filled with MEshuggah and B..tA, I refuse to take part in it. Or even acknowledge it.

- Prog doesn't expand the musical spectrum. Okay, that's an opinion, so I'm going to call it false simply because I enjoy lots of progressive.

ALSO:

I used 'belligerent.'

If that's a technical word to you, expand your vocabulary.

NOW it's an end of discussion

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993
- Behold...the Arctopus are apparently expanding music. If tomorrow's music is filled with MEshuggah and B..tA, I refuse to take part in it. Or even acknowledge it.

Don't worry about tomorrow being bad.

It's already tomorrow in Australia.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Don't worry about tomorrow being bad.

It's already tomorrow in Australia.

Normally, I wouldn't find that funny...but, it fit in very...erm, well.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Normally, I wouldn't find that funny...but, it fit in very...erm, well.

I got that from Charles Shultz. The original quote is, "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

It's just always stuck with me.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Necrophagist, Brain Drill, Beneath The Massacre; most Tech-Death bands can use too much technicality but it still comes out to be extremely technical.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Psychopathology
Twelve Tone music.

I just looked it up

Sounds really interesting. So is it basically just chromatic/all musical notes/freestyle type of music?
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Would you go up to a jazz musician and yell YOU SUCK AT SONGWRITING? There is clearly a difference between bad songwriting in rock / pop music and jazz improvisational style. BtA are obviously not in the camp of rock oriented music.