Just bought this baby for 450e...

1993 Japan, black with maple fretboard...

It's in GREAT condition, but the fretboard is a bit dirty... The dirt is just little under the surface I think...

So how can I take it off? Polishing with what and how?

Thanks in advance, pictures tomorrow...
Why make a thread promising new guitar pictures to break my heart and tell me they will be posted tomorrow?

Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
yeah you suck
we want pictures now
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Hehehe... Sorry guys, I don't have a camera... I will take it from a friend tomorrow...

Does anybody know anything about cleaning/polishing the frets... ?
Hmm, id be careful polishing frets on a maple board, you could damage the finish.
we need pics. now.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Hehe... Patience, patience... !!!

@jake911: will be careful mate, but I must do it, cant' stand to see it dirty like this

Tomorrow I am polishing it and putting Dimarzio evo2 (white) and air norton (cream/black) into it... I hope i don't screw up the fretboard...
i bought one exactly like that from ebay, except its a 1991, absoulutely beautiful guitar. i put green evos in it and a green cliplock (it looks sweet). i would leave the dirt personally, i love that worn look but if it bothers you a lot just clean it with polish or even a little water. those fretboards are a lot more resilliant than you would think. just a word of advice though, keep it in its case, the neck on that guitar will warp soooo fast.
Ok dude thanks...

It is indeed a very beautiful guitar and very playable as well...
sweet guitar man!
i had a 1987 550 for a while and it was awesome!
shame i had to give it back

what pickups are in that?
and for maple fretboards, i was advised to stay away from lemon oil and such because it can really damage the fretboard.
I usually just clean mine with a duster and rub it off
it comes off pretty easily
Top lel.
Thanks man...

Dimarzio Evo2 and Air Norton...

I cleaned it with steel wool... The dirt was pretty deep... It's not totally white now, but it is A LOT better...
sweet pickups, id have definetly got dimarzios in the one i had if id been allowed to keep it

i wouldve though steel wool would be risky, but if its worked its fine i guess... lol
totally white fretboards don't last, the dirt comes back within a few days imo!
Top lel.
Quote by Rax13
Hehe... Patience, patience... !!!

Tomorrow I am polishing it and putting Dimarzio evo2 (white) and air norton (cream/black) into it... I hope i don't screw up the fretboard...

Nice baby you got yourself there. Have fun with it.

With regard to the fretboard, if it's unfinished, then you can use lemon oil on it, works great.
If it's finished, both lemon oil and steel wool will take the finish off (eventually). A lot of people suggest cleaning it with lighter fluid, I prefer a soft cloth with elbow grease - it will polish away any dirt. Oils and other solvents will take away the lacquer finish.

Hope this helps.