Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering if this was a good set list, in your opinion for covers, to play at an upcoming gig:

Laid to Rest- Lamb of God
Blood Meat - Protest the Hero
Master of Puppets- Metallica
If I Could Collapse the Masses- Trivium
Crystal Mountain- Death

(Not in that specific order)

We are currently working on our own material but it wont be done for this gig.
sounds pretty good ,but I would add I cum...i dont even feel like making the joke just play a 30 minute version of Forsaken by DT.
I use a line 6 what of it?
Start out with a really fast solo then segue to Never Gonna Give You Up by Lamb of God, or whichever band covered it.
That's cool.
Do you want a climax song in your set-list? Like, one where all the other songs work up to it?
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Where are you playing first off?

Usually where the gig is held at helps you know if the types of songs you play are appropriate for the setting.
Ew Metal isn't my thing I'll lay off but if you asked for my Honest Opinion that sucks but that's just me
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Well I'd be horrified if I had to sit through that set-list but yeah maybe that's just me......
close with master of puppets
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Like others said, it depends where you're playing. If the audience is going to be into metal, go for it.
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
Ew Metal isn't my thing I'll lay off but if you asked for my Honest Opinion that sucks but that's just me

Ew Hendrix isn't my thing I'll lay off but if you asked for my Honest Opinion that sucks but that's just me

Jimi's awesome.
Play a song or two that you're sure the majority of the audience would know.
Helps people connect to your band/music.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
i like metal and honestly i would only want to hear the metallica and the trivium.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
open with metallica close with something you wrote,iv done it before,if you do good covers and make some good stuff youl get alot more attention
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Looks shitty. Dude variety is key. I mean don't go country but maybe try something less... tormented?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Covering bands that are still together, or songs less than 5 years old is generally a no-no.
Also, have you consider playing something that isn't a cover?
i would start off with metallica, you want to start off with a goodf song. now i know people will say, end with a popular song. but if you play stuff not very many people will like then they wont listen or care. you need to grab their attention first then play the more unpopular songs like bloodmeat and stuff.
Quote by AA00P
Ew Hendrix isn't my thing I'll lay off but if you asked for my Honest Opinion that sucks but that's just me

Jimi's awesome.

Yes I'm very aware of how Hendrix is super ****ing awesome but that post had almost no sense why quote me... Then retype what I typed?
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix

You're a retard, I bet you know at most one of those songs.

First three are good, you might want to switch out the other two to add variety.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
You're a retard, I bet you know at most one of those songs.

First three are good, you might want to switch out the other two to add variety.

Did I call you names? Thought so... Anyhow I only know "Master Of Puppets" I don't enjoy the song that much it's an OK song nothing like Epic or Mind Blowing for me now let's keep the threat level at

Epiphone G-310 SG
Quote by synpet713192
Open with Bloodmeat

Drop MoP

Close on Crystal Mountain.

Just my thoughts.

I see your Heretics and Killers avatar.

Quote by Jimi M. Hendrix
Did I call you names? Thought so... Anyhow I only know "Master Of Puppets" I don't enjoy the song that much it's an OK song nothing like Epic or Mind Blowing for me now let's keep the threat level at

I knew MoP would be the only one. You may think it unnecessary, I think it's unnecessary to voice your opinion on something you know nothing about.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover

I knew MoP would be the only one. You may think it unnecessary, I think it's unnecessary to voice your opinion on something you know nothing about.

both of you shutup

Where are you playing though?

If it's like a you're grandma's birthday party you might wanna change a few things
Quote by Sonicxlover

well it is a metal show, and i dont know why people would be scared.. and im srry but i dont like a7x.

and all u metal haters,, i cummed in ur bowl of lucky charms this morning.
why are you performing other bands material at YOUR gig? shouldnt you write your own stuff and maybe perform a couple of covers
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
I think its good. I like that its a small variety of sub genres and not just one specific one. Are you guys altering or doing something different with them when playing?
im not sure yet, we are prob going to play 2 orignals and those covers as thwey are
Quote by Muffin Murderer
sounds pretty good ,but I would add I cum...i dont even feel like making the joke just play a 30 minute version of Forsaken by DT.

is there such a thing? that would be EPIC

but yeh niice set, id enjoy
Quote by Sonicxlover

Dude, you're such a douche...

I'd say shove MoP up to the second to last song to get everyone riled up for Kaschmir (seriously, you guys should play that)
How I'd have a setlist:
Start - energetic, get the corwd going, keep this up for a few songs
First slow number.
do a variety of slow-fast songs
A "climaxing" slow song, into a really energetic "crowd" song.
Finish with a crowd favourite/a few crowd favourites.

But drag that out over three hours and you're golden
Quote by mr.joopy987
Covering bands that are still together, or songs less than 5 years old is generally a no-no.
Also, have you consider playing something that isn't a cover?

lrn2read

look at his forst post on this thread.
Quote by kwidjibo1
why are you performing other bands material at YOUR gig? shouldnt you write your own stuff and maybe perform a couple of covers

Did you actually read the original post?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Too much metal, not enough variety
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by ilovemySG
close with master of puppets

dont play master of puppets. it will be a mockery
choose a different metallica song, and dont play laid to rest
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Can your singer pull off Blythe's growls?
Anyone who's played GHII knows how badly wrong Laid to Rest can go in the wrong hands
Page 1 of 2