I got a 25$ gift card from guitar center in the mail (maybe other people who got it as well, this thread could help them out too)

anyway, the gift card is only for this weekend and there is no way in hell i have money to get an amp/guitar to use it on. so, I decided to buy accessories with the gift card. However, I have no idea on what to get. Amps and guitars are obviously out of my range. (range being around 40, i dont mind busting out 15-20$ cash, making me more broke).

I already have a DS-1 Distortion pedal and a capo.

The obvious suggestions would be strings or picks, but I'd like to expand my options.

Any suggestions that I'm looking over? or a cheap but good pedal i could buy? thanks.
DS-1's are about the cheapest your gonna get for a decent pedal,
and didnt that sale end like a month ago?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Strings are a good bet, maybe some picks. Do you have a good tuner? Don't get a monster cable, huge waste of money not to mention you're contributing to company with very poor business practices. There are plenty of lifetime warranty cables that sound just as good and cost way less, I personally like livewires, but there are plenty of other choices.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I bought a whole new set of pedal short connectors, the ones i had were dying for inexplicable reasons.
planet waves cable FTW
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I GOT IT TOO!!

I'll probably just get a bunch on strings. They give you that because the average consumer will spend approx. 4x the amount. DONT GIVE IN!!! Spend no more than 26 dollars! lol
Quote by Kevin Saale
Don't get a monster cable, huge waste of money not to mention you're contributing to company with very poor business practices.

What are you talking about? My Monster cable is the best $25 I have ever spent. They are impossible to break, and if you somehow happen to do so it is replaced free of charge for life. Which means, you spend $25 now and its the last $25 you will ever have to spend on a cable. Not to mention they blow pretty much every other cable out of the water when it comes to tone - crystal clear with no interference at all. I've used Livewires, DiMarzios, Planet Waves, and Mogami and imo none of them even compare to Monster!

TS: Get yourself a nice tuner if you don't have one, maybe check out a Dan Electro Fish and Chips (yea they are only $30 but they are actually pretty decent EQs), strings, picks - ya know, the obvious inexpensive stuff
Quote by i_am_metalhead
What are you talking about? My Monster cable is the best $25 I have ever spent. They are impossible to break, and if you somehow happen to do so it is replaced free of charge for life. Which means, you spend $25 now and its the last $25 you will ever have to spend on a cable. Not to mention they blow pretty much every other cable out of the water when it comes to tone - crystal clear with no interference at all. I've used Livewires, DiMarzios, Planet Waves, and Mogami and imo none of them even compare to Monster!

TS: Get yourself a nice tuner if you don't have one, maybe check out a Dan Electro Fish and Chips (yea they are only $30 but they are actually pretty decent EQs), strings, picks - ya know, the obvious inexpensive stuff

I would have to disagree. I am most happy with Planet waves out of those.
I don't know what this blowing out of the water talk is about, but I can find no difference between my livewire and my monster. Like I said, plenty of other lifetime warranty cables out there that aren't gonna break the bank.
Yes, a guitar tuner is good choice.

How about a nice strap? Strap locks?

Guitar stand?

Gig bag?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
^Oooo yeah, strap locks. Get some schallers, I got em and they are awesome and pretty much fool proof.
wow, thanks for the replies guys. got way more than i expected.

I already bought a whole bunch of strings and picks a while back so are not needed

A tuner was a great suggestion, but I already have a pretty nice one. (My dad is a piano tuner, so he gave me a kickass one)

I'm kind of leaning toward the digitech bad monkey pedal that was suggestion (barred that I havnt done the research on it yet or tried it out, but yeah).

The gig bag was also a good suggestion but I'd rather get a hard case. I also have a Jackson Warrior, and I dont think there are hard cases for it that are cheap (hopefully someone can prove me wrong?)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Any others?
they are all good cables... mogami i think has a slightly better tone delivery but on the road there is no choice monster.... they sound almost as good a mogami and yet they are absolutly beastly taking everything short of an axe
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.