Page 1 of 2
I'm kinda new to moshing, I've always been on stage or drinking/smoking. I went to a Children of Bodom concert last night. I'm a pretty big guy 240 5'11 and 20% body fat. little pudgy but whatever. I played football (lineman XD) in High School and I always loved the adrenaline rush of being hit and hitting other people. Not like punches, just pushing and shoving people out of your way.

Anyways though, Mosh pit starts up and I start pushing people, getting into it and having fun. Hella people were getting mad at me. So they started ganging up (2-3 people just aiming to take me out). I was pretty stoned (Purple Kush, I had a big ol smile on my face : D) So I was thinking it was awesome. I felt like king of the pit. Then people started bitching me out. Was I doing anything wrong? Its ****ing Bodom! I guess I stepped on some guys toe. I didnt really know what to say... How the **** do you expect to not get hurt if your up close to the stage? Then I got all paranoid that maybe I was actually being a dick.

So am I in the wrong?
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Last edited by ZeBubba! at Sep 22, 2008,
I'd apologize to the guy for stepping on him, but the point of a mosh pit is to... well... mosh. You didn't really do anything wrong.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by ZeBubba!

So am I in the wrong?

Quote by ZeBubba!
I went to a Children of Bodom concert last night.

Yes.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
So You're The Mother ****er Who Broke My Jaw! Come Over Here And I'll Kick You In The ****!!! You Piece Of **** I'm Gonna Kill You

I never got moshing, but if your in the pit you gotta be ready for some serious shit.

Much like being in the pit here on UG.

The only thing you did wrong was not drop kick the people in the pit who couldn't handle the heat.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
some ****ing 12 year old was there. its ok dude, i was at teh cancer bats on saturday and i ran over this 15 year old kid and he started bitching at me and i just picked him up and threw him in the crowd. there beeing princess bitches and you just need to toughen them up. looks like the fag fairy made a its way to that kid that was bitching at you.
im sorry if im flaming but the kid almost got me in a lot of trouble until the band told him to give it a rest at the end of the show. the band he went to see basically told him to suck it up, it was awsome.
idiot moshers, I go to shows to enjoy the music
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
helll yeahh...lineman unite. haha
well..i knocked somebody out during the wall of death at a lamb of god show.
except...im 6'6 275 hahahha
I don't think you did anything wrong. You should've just kept it up. If they can't take the heat, they should go to a Simon and Garfunkel concert.
well sometimes theres people that just want to get up front and not be in the mosh. i always manage to get pushed in, i'm not real small, 6'2" 175, and its kinda annoying. if you're gonna mosh and not watch the show, you should probably go to the back and do it, because its waste to stay up front and screw around when theres people trying to watch. i do jump in the pit sometimes though, until i get hit in the balls or something
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
I can't see what you did wrong unless you tried to start moshing near the back with all the people who just want to watch....

If you were in the pit, then theres no way you were in the wrong.. if people want to be in the mosh pit, they'll have to put up with moshing people...
You should have done one of the pit moves outlined in The Alphabet of Manliness,
namely the one where you pick a kid up and spear another kid with him.

Extra points if he goes through the other kid.

Point is,
they have no right to bitch about you dominating.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by druz15_UG
idiot moshers, I go to shows to enjoy the music

Well I guess that everyone is an idiot if they don't go to a show for the exact reasons as you, or just enjoy music differently.
Naw I made my way to like THE center of the pit. I eventually just kind of head banged and waited for people to hit me XD. To any of you there I was the only kid wearing a white sleeveless. Last time I ever wear white >.>

You stepped on someones toe?

Yeh I guess, I didnt feel it happen. I felt bad though.

Bed of Razors was ****ing insane! I sat back for that one and just savored it
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
So You're The Mother ****er Who Broke My Jaw! Come Over Here And I'll Kick You In The ****!!! You Piece Of **** I'm Gonna Kill You

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Lol, moshing is fun...
last Friday, me and a couple other guys tried to start a mosh pit at our homecomeing dance... all that was playing was some crappy rap and country music.... and were all metal heads... it was fun untill we got chewed out by the principal
All right, I was hoping I was right. It's way to much fun to be able to push people around. Specially if you can push someone right on the down beat and send em flying. Thats my thing anyways >.<
Quote by kranoscorp

rule number one, never be stoned our drunk and try to mosh
rule number two watch the pit before your get in so you know the feel of the crowed and have a better idea of what to do.
Quote by NimbleElephant
I don't think you did anything wrong. You should've just kept it up. If they can't take the heat, they should go to a Simon and Garfunkel concert.

art n paul havent played together for years
"Hella"

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
You're probably the guy that swings his elbows around frantically. There's always one.
Quote by Killedelphia19
Lol, moshing is fun...
last Friday, me and a couple other guys tried to start a mosh pit at our homecomeing dance... all that was playing was some crappy rap and country music.... and were all metal heads... it was fun untill we got chewed out by the principal

Ah, I see my fellow dance crashers are here at the Pit. Party Boy any slowdancing freshmen?

I think the only person in the wrong here would be the douchebags whining about being hurt in the pit. Seriously.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
This story reminds me of when I was at a Children of Bodom concert moshing and some ass hole stepped on my toe because he was doing it wrong

wait a minute...
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
If you can't identify the violent asshole in the pit, you are the violent asshole people are pissed at.

EDIT I agree, you shouldn't be intoxicated and in the pit where you could really hurt someone.

Unless it's the UG pit.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by Novacane...
You're probably the guy that swings his elbows around frantically. There's always one.

naw I wasnt hitting like punching/slapping. I was just jamming to the songs, throwin people around and having fun. Mostly just headbanging too.
Quote by kranoscorp

Quote by ZeBubba!
Naw I made my way to like THE center of the pit. I eventually just kind of head banged and waited for people to hit me XD. To any of you there I was the only kid wearing a white sleeveless. Last time I ever wear white >.>

Yeh I guess, I didnt feel it happen. I felt bad though.

Bed of Razors was ****ing insane! I sat back for that one and just savored it

Well don't like football hit or aim at anyone, the intent isn't to knock people down or send them flying. If you weren't doing that then I don't see what you were doing wrong, unless you weren't picking people up or you were stepping on people accidently.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
If there was a mosh pit starting, people are just being pussies. Should probably move away from the pit. I don't see how people can go to a metal concert and not expect there to be a pit. It's just ignorant. It be like a person getting mad at the sky when it's raining because they're getting wet, but they just want to see the rain first hand. Maybe not the best example, but still.
I was at a show, and this kid ran into me, so I shoved him fairly hard and he fell to the floor. He got up and said, and I quote, "STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME!"

I was speechless.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
I was at a show, and this kid ran into me, so I shoved him fairly hard and he fell to the floor. He got up and said, and I quote, "STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME!"

I was speechless.

He reacted wrong, but seriously, keep people off the ground in pits. Pushing people on the ground isn't the point.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Trivium!
Well I guess that everyone is an idiot if they don't go to a show for the exact reasons as you, or just enjoy music differently.

thanks for clearing that up I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain it to anybody. But seriously, I understand at metal gigs people are going to mosh and thats fine, whatever floats your boat I'm not judging, but what I hate is going to a gig with an awesome live funk band or alt rock or something and go to enjoy the music and the live experience and some group of retarded monkeys dressed in Metallica T-shirts try and start a mosh pit. It's like, no-one wants you here, you clearly don't understand this music, just leave.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by adamrandall
Yes.

E-high five
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by beyondthegrave
you cant really mosh anymore like you used to. most of the time there are scene kids and thats the ****in problem. hell their shit wouldnt fly back in the day. people were getting punched , peircings snatch out , blood would be all over the place. that was the good times.

if ur going to shows with scene kids there, ur going to the wrong kinda shows
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
"Hella"

It's a (cali) bay area word that's slipping into every sentence I say >.<
Quote by kranoscorp

Page 1 of 2