I can either get:
Crate V Series V33-212 33W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp $450
or
Peavey Classic 30 $ 600
or any others you can recommend in the price range.
You could recommend me something with a bit more overdrive, but not so metal-like.
I want a marshall, but the tube amps from marshall are too expensive!@
also, what is a common(and good) Fender amp many people use?
What kind of tone are you going for? SRV used fenders, ted nugent did too I believe.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i'm looking for nice overdrives just below metal(which means, not too hard)
and whats the difference between the classic 30, the windsor studio, and the vypyr from Peavey? What are their styles? Whats so good about the vypyr?
It can do many tones, but not necessarily well, the windsor is pretty much an OD only amp since it breaks up very quickly. Whats your budget? You want to go used?

Heres some to try:

Classic with an OD
Traynor YCV50 blue with an OD (very marshall like) You may not need the OD
Mesa F/DC series, no OD required, tons of gain on tap, american sounding compared to the c30 and ycv which are british sounding
The crate with an OD might be up your alley, another british sounding amp
What are the differences of:
Classic 30
Crate V 33-212
and Mesa F-30?
How much is the Mesa?
What are they each good for?
I play christian rock and alternative...no metal
The classic 30 and the crate are very similar and can get some britishy, marshally tones with enough on board gain for classic rock or maybe hard rock like kiss, not totally sure, I've never dimed either of these amps.

The f-30 can pretty much do anything, but exceeds well at hard rock and metal, very nice cleans too. The f-30 can go as light or as heavy as you like. It's american voiced, john prettuci uses mesa as an example of some harder stuff. He uses a roadking I think, but you can get similar tones with an F-30. I can also get some santana like tones from it as well and I can get a pretty good classic rock crunch with the mids boosted.

I think any of those three would be great for you. You just need to try them and see what you like best. I wouldn't count the traynors out yet either. Great marshally sounding amps with tremendous overdrive and nice cleans.
If you buy the mesa used it is probably the best. The Crate and Peavey are about equal, I personally prefer the peavey. The mesa has better gain, more gain, probably equal cleans (all imo)
If you like fender cleans, the the mesa can deliver. If a hrd's clean is 9/10 then the mesa is 8.5/10, though the reverb isn't as nice and not anywhere near as good as tube driven fender.
ISN'T THE F-30 DISCONTINUED? IS THERE A MESA EQUAL OF IT THATS CHEAPER(ABOUT 600$$$$) Does the Peavey Vypyr have good tone? and also i'm looking at
Vox AC15CC1 (600$$$) Which do you recommend? Also include the windsor?
What do you mean by an OD? I have a Boss DS-1.. Does that count as an OD?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
F-30s can be bought for under $600.

new??? i heard it was discontinued? where???
I believe the f-30 was around 700 or so new, I'm not sure. 600 is the highest I would pay for an f-30, you can usually find them closer to 500.
around 500> new????/??
and since my local store sells mesa, would they sell it?? but i heard the express replaced the f-series and the f-series is discontinued....in the mesaboogie site
No, you can't get an f-30 new, they are discontinued. The express did replace them and the 25 watt version is like 1k new, though I think the f-30 sounds better.
Quote by hatooku
I can either get:
Crate V Series V33-212 33W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp $450
or
Peavey Classic 30 $ 600
or any others you can recommend in the price range.
You could recommend me something with a bit more overdrive, but not so metal-like.
I want a marshall, but the tube amps from marshall are too expensive!@
also, what is a common(and good) Fender amp many people use?

The Peavey Classic 30 would work very well for you I think. Those amps get just enough drive for hard rock, but stop short of metal territory. To me they're perfect for Blues/Hard rock stuff. Smooth tube sound as well.

If you're looking to gig, get the 50 if you can find it.
Washburn Dime 333, Ibanez RG7620, LTD MH250NT w/ EMG 89x's
Modded Boss Metal Zone, Boss CE-5, DD-3, Intellifex
Jet City JCA2112RC, ADA MP-1 Preamp,
GK 400RB Bass head
Marshall and Ampeg 4x12 cabs
where can i get the mesa f-30 then???
and should i get the f-30 or the classic 30? the f-30 is more versatile right?
I don't know, check craiglist, ebay, and any store that sells used gear. Try them both if you can and see what you like better. The f-30 is more versatile in the fact that it does metal hard rock quite well and can do classic rock and blues and clean stuff. The C30 is versatile too, but it can't do metal on it's own. Try both and take you're pick, try a traynor ycv50 if you can too.
now i got the last 3:
Traynor YCVBlue
Peavey Classic 30
The F30
i think the traynor is 50watt but has good overdrive in quiet vol.
How are they different?
(Of course ill try them all)
(I think the f30 will be hard to get)
Traynor are very marshall like, I really liked the one I tried. The classic 30 is also british voiced, though I don't think it's as marshally as the traynor, I prefer the traynor over the C30. The f-30 is American voiced with less focus on the midrange and tons of low end (though mine gets muddy with the bass up) Tons of gain on tap, more than you need. They sound very similar to the express line of amps.
i have a v30 head that i run thru a fender deluxe 1x12 cab. the clean channel is very nice , the distortion channel is good, with humbuckers i can get a decent evh level of distortion but nothin too crazy. they're worth checkin out for you, they're cheaper than the peavey classic 30s
^+1, That's another good option to investigate, though you might want an OD. You'd have plenty left over for one though so that's good.
what's the difference between the ycv50blue and ycs50??? How much do they each cost? and why is the ycv50blue called blue? Is there an normal ycv50? If so, whats the difference?
Quote by hatooku
what's the difference between the ycv50blue and ycs50??? How much do they each cost? and why is the ycv50blue called blue? Is there an normal ycv50? If so, whats the difference?

The YCV50 Blue does a good Marshall OD and has a nice clean tone. The YCS50 is part of a newer line from Traynor and it has similar tones but it more versatile and has more features for a little bit more money. There isn't a "normal" ycv50 but there is a ycv40 and ycv40WR. Go to the Traynor website and it lists all the details of these amps.

I have the YCS50 and spent many hours and weeks researching all sorts of amp before buying this one. I was not disappointed and am still impressed when I turn it on after about 7 months of owning it. You can switch between 50 and 15 Watts... has 2 channels... independent EQ's, Reverb, FX level, and channel volume so you can match them up. Presence and Resonance control that is bypassable. The gain channel has a modern switch which will change the tone from vintage marshall to more of a Soldano type sound.. there is also a scoop switch which I find useful for metal like Black Album Metallica. The clean channel has a switch which relocates the tone stack so you can switch from USA cleans to British cleans (more break up) and is very nice.

If more people knew about these amps I'm sure there would be more talk about them on these forums but I guess that is where I come in.