Page 1 of 2
Hey all you fellow Canadian UG'ers!

If you're over 18, are you going to be voting in the upcoming election?
If so, I'd be curious to know what you think of our candidates.

Which party do you feel has the best platform for what you're concerned about?

I'm not asking you to say which party you're voting for, just what you think of the various things being thrown around in the election hype.

The Americans have a far different vote happening, and we know how much hype there is around it...hell, we hear about it all the time on the news. Sometimes it's easy to forget what's happening here at home.

So give me your thoughts! Do you want another Harper government? Or are you tired of him and his...puppet-like demeanor?

I'm pretty interested in it all, as it's my first time voting. I've got my ideas on who I'm going to vote for, but I'm always curious to hear what others have to say.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
lol harper is the enemy.... its said at least said once in each of the ndp's or liberals commercials.
i dont like the conservatives what so ever, the liberals, well are too liberal and the NDP cant keep a budget worth SHIT, and the Green party just seem like pussies, not man enough to run the country, even if their leader is a woman.
I can't vote because of 4 stupid days....

I turn 18 on the 18th, and the elections on the 14th..

I'm not sure who I'd vote for, though, so I guess it's better that I'm not throwing my vote away on someone I chose unintelligently.. I haven't really been keeping up on Canadian politics..
i dont know if im going to vote, all the major party leaders seem like a bunch of douchebags or turd-sandwiches but if I am going to vote it'll probably be for the green party. Mainly because they seem to have some set of morals despite that Elizabeth May looks like Chunk from the Goonies.
harper has done a much better job with a minorty government then the liberals ever could with a majority.

when the liberals were in power we were constantly hearing about new scandals all the time. they were so corrupt, im amazed stayed in power so long. its nice to have a prime minister that can be trusted.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
i'm only turning 18 on mid november so i'm going to be missing my chance to vote this year. if i was able to, it'd definitely be NDP
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I'll vote Conservative. Harper is the best candidate for PM right now. I wouldn't trust the other guys to pick my nose. Every time Layton opens his mouth, I get a bit more worried that the NDP could somehow become more than runner-up to the opposition.

Dion's carbon tax isn't a great idea. What happens when companies and industries pack up and leave because they can make higher profits elsewhere?

I don't have a hard on for Harper but I just don't trust the other options. He's competent and I don't think he'll fuck things up too bad.
Liberal Party.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
[quote="'Townson[BTE"]44']hey canadians.
American!

Let's have a few pints together!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

What are we voting for? Provincial or national?

Yeah, I'm with it these days..

EDIT - nevermind. Seeing as how I have no idea who any of the candidates are except for the harper and dion, I'll probably just vote green again and "waste" my vote.
they all suck ass

cretian was good he never took shit from no one. but know the conservatives are smart ass pussies(with all there faggy jokes and appologies) and dion is a little bitch. the NDP won't win so there not even worth wasting a vote and the green party want to shut down nuclear power plants ther ****ed in the head

so basically i don't even know who to vote for

to be honest
song stuck in my head today

Quote by lbc_sublime
they all suck ass

Chrétien was good he never took shit from no one. but know the conservatives are smart ass pussies(with all there faggy jokes and appologies) and dion is a little bitch. the NDP won't win so there not even worth wasting a vote and the green party want to shut down nuclear power plants ther ****ed in the head

so basically i don't even know who to vote for

to be honest

Fix'd.

I'd suggest that you watch the debate before insulting people like that.
I think they've accomplished more than you probably will. They deserve some respect.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

I'm voting conservative. I usually vote liberal, but Mr. Dion isn't the right man for the job. Plus, Harper hasn't screwed up! Our economy grew considerably while he was in power. It's better than hearing about new scandals every weeks.
Elizabeth May is an idiot, don't vote for her, she doesn't know anything about running a country and is just a retarded tree hugging hoe. Jack Layton..well, in Saskatchewan our economy was horrible with the NDP's, they didn't do ANYthing for us that was good for the province, now we have the conservatives and the province is turning out to be one of the biggest success stories ever, people are starting to move back and its a booming community. The Liberals...well I'll let their previous spots in power speak for themselves...(they're saying that they suck) Stephane Dion is a moron, carbon tax? really! comone! I'm not gonna pay more because of a stupid tax that won't even do anything for the environment, and especially won't because it would be the Liberals getting the money...Basically the only guy to trust right now is Harper, does he have his weaker points? of course, but so does everybody else, he's basically the most fit for the job right now, I would be scared and ashamed if Layton got in, May doesn't know ANYthing about what she's getting in to and is just a stupid green peacer that would put environment first and the rest of us second, and her efforts to "help" the environment wouldn't even do anything so who wants that bitch in?
NDP - Jack Layton, I beg of everyone not to vote for Harper.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Face it. The NDP ruin the economy, the Liberals are crooks and the Green Party are crazy. Beside them, you can either vote for the Marxist-Leninist Party or the Conservatives. Harper is doing a fair job. He's not going fuck things up too bad and that's the best you can hope for.
NDP's almost screwed up Saskatchewan permanently, the man is an idiot, you know there's something wrong with a candidate when he opposes a bill that is brought forth to raise the age of sexual consent from 14-16..sure some people might say that they love doing it with 14 year olds and stuff, but really, what's better for the country, I'll tell you whats better, having 14 and 15 year olds protected as well as 13 and under from predators is better for the country, Layton is an idiot..
Consider, though, that basically everyone's a crook in the government...just some less than others.

And EVERY government that goes through Canada has its scandals...some just don't get publicized or caught.

Basically...the biggest problem that I have with the Harper government is how they keep going on about fixing the economy. But, and this is just how I view it, feel free to disagree, but hasn't the economy been seeing some flak since they got in? I mean, it's a global economy that's having issues, and we can only do so much in Canada to help ourselves out. Frankly, I don't think that the Conservatives have done a good enough job on the issue, and certainly not on the environment. I mean, John Baird as environment minister? COME ON!

I don't know how many of you have actually been inside the house of Commons when it is fully in session, but it's scary shit. They're a bunch of children in there. It's horrifying to know that our country is run by block-headed folks like them...basically anything the opposition says, they stomp the shit out of, EVEN IF IT'S THE SAME THING THEY ARE SAYING!

And it doesn't help that our speaker has a decibel limit of 12...honestly.

Anyway, I still like certain parties better than others. I suppose it's fairly clear that I'm not big on the Conservatives.

As of yet, I'm kind of undecided, but I'm leaning towards the NDP, if not largely because I trust the candidate in my riding...she knows her shit.

As has been said though, all the major candidates have their flaws...nobody's perfect after all.

Oh, and don't get me started on the goddamn Bloc Quebecois. I live in Chelsea (just outside Hull, I'm in the Pontiac riding), and so we see the signs up for them...they're a ****ing obsolete and useless party. For so many reasons. And I could list them. But I'm tired. So I won't for now.

Anyway, I'm glad people took this thread at least partially seriously. It's always fun to hear what others think. And please, do continue, I'm enjoying it.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by matx33

Oh, and don't get me started on the goddamn Bloc Quebecois. I live in Chelsea (just outside Hull, I'm in the Pontiac riding), and so we see the signs up for them...they're a ****ing obsolete and useless party. For so many reasons. And I could list them. But I'm tired. So I won't for now.

Anyway, I'm glad people took this thread at least partially seriously. It's always fun to hear what others think. And please, do continue, I'm enjoying it.

I go to University of Ottawa, but I'm from Quebec, and I agree that the Quebecois is pretty much useless. This party was founded in 1991 to support the YES campaign for the separation of Quebec. And since they failed (Thank you Jean Charest, with your awesomeness and your badass speech), the BQ has no reason to be there anymore.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

the gov can't fix up an economy that quickly you know, the economy has actually been doing better with the Conservatives, AND, what is a government going to do about the environment? that's up to us and certain companies, you can't just say shut down certain factories and what not, that would kill the economy, they're doing a better job than the Liberals ever did, and must I really say it again that the NDP almost destroyed my home province??? Imagine what an idiot like Jack Layton would do with Canada if the NDP's almost ruined Saskatchewan's economy! Saskatchewan is doing so well right now with the conservatives that they don't even need money from the federal government anymore!...and Lizzie May.....nno...please nno...
Quote by guitar_hero543
you know there's something wrong with a candidate when he opposes a bill that is brought forth to raise the age of sexual consent from 14-16..sure some people might say that they love doing it with 14 year olds and stuff, but really, what's better for the country, I'll tell you whats better, having 14 and 15 year olds protected as well as 13 and under from predators is better for the country, Layton is an idiot..

There's the problem of the government telling someone that they are not allowed to have sex. That's quite a personal thing and some people might not think that the government should have such authority over a persons body. They have to balance personal freedom and protection. This is a delicate issue.
Quote by Chrisnw22
Harper, I hate the french

I hate you too.

Canada's a bilingual country. GTFO is you're not happy with that.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Nobody likes Saskatchewan. Harper only supports big industry, big oil, etc. Besides farming, that's all you have to offer. Your province voted 95% conservative in the last election and Harper put all of his money into the west and overseas. Saskatchewan has the lowest population density outside of the territories, so it's time to realize that what's good for Saskatchewan's economy =/= what's good for Canada's economy.

(^That was aimed at guitar_hero543)

I'm still undecided on who I want to vote for, but it will probably be Liberal because I'd really like to keep Harper down and the Liberals are the most likely to do that.

As long as Harper doesn't wind up in a majority I'm ultimately satisfied.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Last edited by sg4eva at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by Trefellin
There's the problem of the government telling someone that they are not allowed to have sex. That's quite a personal thing and some people might not think that the government should have such authority over a persons body. They have to balance personal freedom and protection. This is a delicate issue.

No actually it isn't jacknob...you obviously don't even get it, it protects 14 and 15 year olds from having sex with men 18 or older, get your shit straight son
Quote by sg4eva
Nobody likes Saskatchewan. Harper only supports big industry, big oil, etc. Besides farming, that's all you have to offer. Your province voted 95% conservative in the last election and Harper put all of his money into the west and overseas. Saskatchewan has the lowest population density outside of the territories, so it's time to realize that what's good for Saskatchewan's economy =/= what's good for Canada's economy.

I'm still undecided on who I want to vote for, but it will probably be Liberal because I'd really like to keep Harper down and the Liberals are the most likely to do that.

]
You're obviously an idiot, saskatchwan has the majority of the world's uranium that you guys use in your nuclear power plants over in your "big industry" provinces, without us you'd be spending tons getting it from the states or elsewhere. We also have most of the world's potash and a large percentage of the world's diamonds and then of course there's copper and billions of dollars worth in oil, and to top it off we supply most of the grain in Canada, so shove it up yours. Learn about something before you go talking about something you don't know about.
Obama '08!

Oh, wait, nevermind...

*leaves thread*
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by sg4eva

(^That was aimed at guitar_hero543)

I agree, we need to keep them in check. Our Country has too much of an easy going mentality to have conservatives holding us back.

I just want pot legalized to be honest. I know it sounds like an immature issue but it goes deeper than just being able to smoke a joint with my buddies without the hassle.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
You don't know what you're talking about, because I classified Sask as a big industry province. I'm talking about mining, oil, etc. That's what I said Harper was putting all of his money into... make sense now?

Because the other provinces need that stuff, we're buying it from you... we don't need the Conservatives pumping money into it, it's overkill. That's why I think Harper is wasting money.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Quote by sg4eva
You don't know what you're talking about, because I classified Sask as a big industry province. I'm talking about mining, oil, etc. That's what I said Harper was putting all of his money into... make sense now?

Because the other provinces need that stuff, we're buying it from you... we don't need the Conservatives pumping money into it, it's overkill. That's why I think Harper is wasting money.

and the Liberals have saved your tax money in the past?..how about the NDP's, think the Bloc or the *shudder* Green party are going to do more worthwhile stuff with your taxes?..cause so far, the issues that they're pressing, its proving that they won't.
Quote by guitar_hero543
No actually it isn't jacknob...you obviously don't even get it, it protects 14 and 15 year olds from having sex with men 18 or older, get your shit straight son

Is it really the government's business to tell someone who they can or cannot consensually fuck? I know the government has to protect it's citizens but it also cannot disrupt peoples freedoms...

c0ckturd.
Quote by Jericho114
Green FTW!!

It sucks that I'm the only person on my street with a Green Party sign on his lawn.
Quote by Trefellin
Is it really the government's business to tell someone who they can or cannot consensually fuck? I know the government has to protect it's citizens but it also cannot disrupt peoples freedoms... c0ckturd.

you can't have any freedom without laws, how about you suck it up, I'm pretty sure we don't need anymore 14 and 15 year old sluts around
Page 1 of 2