I wanted to get a bass amp and i have narrowed it down to two choices:Ampeg BA115 Bass Combo and Fender Rumble Series 100/210 100 Watt 2x10 Bass Combo Amp. I really don't know which one to pick, can anyone help me out and give me suggestions on which one to get. PLZ
neither. get an Acoustic B100.

but, if it must be from those, the Fender.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i havent really heard of acoustic, i checked the guitar center website for them, i checked both the B100 and B200, which is the better one? And i hope i dont sound like an idiot but are the really better than both of my suggestions, i hope so cuz the price is a lot nicer but i dont know.
B200 will be better. it's twice as loud. and indeed, it is way better. I find it so. also look at Ashdown, many of the regulars love Ashdown.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Can I spin the wheel again?

What I mean is that neither of those choices exactly are great in my opinion. The Ampeg is too quiet and the sound is like "Ampeg lite" and I find Fender Rumble's sound to be rather dead and "meh" for lack of better term. But of the two, I'd take the Fender over the Ampeg.

And Acoustic amps are OK--I play through one recently. They didn't exactly light my fire sound-wise but you may want to take a look at one as a third option.

But for me in that price range, I'd look at some Ashdowns. And don't forget the used market, btw--there's some killer deals out there.
Oh wait. There's something else I can recommend you. CARVIN!

Look at at BR15. It'll have similar volume to the others, but better tonal varieties, IMO. Though if the Acoustic B200 IS 200 watts with the single 15, that is the better choice. But I have a sneaking suspicion that speaker is 8 ohms.
Thanks for the suggestions on the carvin and ashdown. What ashdown amp models would be good around the $300-$400 price range?
200 watts isn't twice as loud as 100 watts for those who failed math 11.

of the 2 i'd pick the fender. i have become intimately familiar with the ba115.. and its not all that great. ive tried a rumble 100 and its somehwat richer for those bridge pickers out there. i agree with anarkee in that both have something to be desired.

the acoustic b100 lacks a tweeter. the b200 is definatley a better choice.

ashdown electric blue is a popular recommendation. however i've never seen one in person to tell you how they sound.

genz benz gbe 100 series might be worht looking into. i have a friend taht swears by them.