I've heard many people get good results with V30s and the many clones.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I've heard many people get good results with V30s and the many clones.

Is that gonna work for a Thrash/Death metal tone? And what does the ohms mean. The speaker I have in my 112 now is 16 ohms. Would it matter if i got an 8 ohm speaker? Whats the difference?
a celestion GT-75 is always good for metal. Is your combo 100 or 50 watts though?
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Perfect, I think any of those would work and certainly be far better than the stock speaker. It needs to be 16 ohms.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Perfect, I think any of those would work and certainly be far better than the stock speaker. It needs to be 16 ohms.

Kevin,

you're a great help and I thank UG for having people with your knowledge and honesty.

I have one more question, if I replace the tubes, which ones seem to fit my playing style. Will I need to "bias" it? I'm kind of worried about that but I seem to read that Valvekings don't need to be biased, but I can't find a straight answer...

Which tubes are worth buying for the death/thrash/nu-metal tone?
It doesn't need to be biased, it's cathode biased or biased cold enough where it won't matter.

For tubes, tungsols in the preamp and JJ or tungsols in the power amp are usually pretty good options.

I'd pick up an OD like a bad monkey before you did that though.
Quote by etays69
Kevin,

you're a great help and I thank UG for having people with your knowledge and honesty.

I have one more question, if I replace the tubes, which ones seem to fit my playing style. Will I need to "bias" it? I'm kind of worried about that but I seem to read that Valvekings don't need to be biased, but I can't find a straight answer...

Which tubes are worth buying for the death/thrash/nu-metal tone?

The speaker will affect your tone more than the tubes will. However, JJ and Tung Sol seem to be pretty popular 12AX7's - I myself use Tung Sol and they get the job done for me. As far as 6L6s, I can't help you out there - my amp uses EL34s - so I've never got to play around with different brands of 6L6s.

However, if you're interested in JJs then you can get a full retube kit for your VK at www.eurotubes.com ranging from $62.50 to $92.50 depending on which options you choose.