Page 1 of 2
Come here to discuss your favorite kind of soups. Be it a light Miso soup for a summery evening, or a think, manly, hearty soup that puts meat on your bones and hair on your chest.

EDIT:

Please refrain from discussing what may or may not be (depending on your opinion) a shitty TV show from E!
Last edited by Seryaph at Sep 22, 2008,
Quote by Seryaph
Please refrain from discussing shitty TV shows from E!

Fail, The Soup is one of the best shows on t.v.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
first of all, the soup is not a shitty tv show.

that said, i work at Panera Bread and my life is soup.
Thank god someone has the common sense to right what was a grave injustice. TC, I salute you. Anyway, as I was trying to say in that OTHER thread, wtf is with chowder outside of New England? It sucks!
View my edit, for you fans of "The Soup". That being said, you may now depart to the other "Soup" thread.

Let the real Soup appreciation begin!

Beef and potato stew ftw!
Oh, and Mezmerized. People outside of New England just do not understand the intricacies of a good Chowder. So they just butcher it.
Yay, somebody made a proper soup thread! Now if you'll excuse me, hijacking the other soup thread made me really hungry, so I'm going to go get some soup. Later!
Soup makes me happy.

Don't really have a particular preference. As long as it's good soup.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
New England Clam Chowder, Gumbo, and Egg Drop. Egg Drop soup is awesome.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
this is the wrong thread for actual soup appreciation, look for soup club on the pit forum page,

thats where real soup lovers unite.

edit, ack this guy beat me to it as I was typing up my thread
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Gumbo, as long as you don't ask what's in it. Chili is amazing when it's cold. Potato is awesome. Corn chowder is one of my favorites. And why hasn't anyone said chicken noodle? That stuff is great if you do it right!

Yes, I am from the midwest
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
while I'm here, vegetable beef. turtle soup with vegetables, white chicken chili,

There is this chicken soup I get at a local mexican restaurant it has rice, avocadoes, tomato, and lots of win. definitely the best ****ing mexican soup Ive ever heard of.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
And I mean, come on, tell me that there is anything better than a beef and vegetable stew on a cold winters day.
Pho Noodle soup is the only soup for this wizard.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Soup, soup, a tasty soup, soup, spicy carrot and coriander!

crouton, crouton, crunchy friends in a liquid broth...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by darkstar2466
Pho Noodle soup is the only soup for this wizard.

Goddamnit why did you have to mention that?

Now I'm starving.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Those vietnamese cats really know how to make their soup.

Or a really good Thai Hot and Sour soup . . . mmmmmm damn!
Quote by Seryaph
Those vietnamese cats really know how to make their soup.

Or a really good Thai Hot and Sour soup . . . mmmmmm damn!

Thai hot/sour soup is mouthsecks. But Pho is the king of all soups, eastern, western, and everything in between.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Goddamnit why did you have to mention that?

Now I'm starving.

Aww. Do you ever make your own Pho or do you just go to a restaurant? I've never made my own, but looking at recipes, it looks like it takes about an hour. That's not bad at all since I spend about 30 - 45 minutes every night cooking.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Seryaph
And I mean, come on, tell me that there is anything better than a beef and vegetable stew on a cold winters day.

There is. A huge bowl of chili. The red kind. Man chili. Throw in some cheddar cheese and Fritos, maybe a little extra chili powder and some tobasco, and you'll be nice and toasty in no time. Now im hungry though. Dammit.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
There is. A huge bowl of chili. The red kind. Man chili. Throw in some cheddar cheese and Fritos, maybe a little extra chili powder and some tobasco, and you'll be nice and toasty in no time. Now im hungry though. Dammit.

Jesus . . . that is an excellent point, sir.
Quote by darkstar2466

Aww. Do you ever make your own Pho or do you just go to a restaurant? I've never made my own, but looking at recipes, it looks like it takes about an hour. That's not bad at all since I spend about 30 - 45 minutes every night cooking.

Well, my mom makes Chinese soup noodles...but I don't have that luxury anymore :P

I'm "learning" to cook...maybe I'll "try" to make Pho sometimes... I can't find beef stock...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Seryaph
Jesus . . . that is an excellent point, sir.

Thank you. I tend to do that.

Ok, just thought of this. That green onion broth stuff you get at Japanese steakhouses? That stuff is pure liquid win...not as filling or awesome as chili though.

Have you noticed that I love chili?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone

Ok, just thought of this. That green onion broth stuff you get at Japanese steakhouses? That stuff is pure liquid win...not as filling or awesome as chili though.

Miso soup? If so, I agree.
Quote by Natrone
Thank you. I tend to do that.

Have you noticed that I love chili?

Miso soup!!!

That is one of my favorites. And son, I come from Texas. The land of chili. You know not true chili, or true chili love, untill you visit Texas.
Quote by Seryaph
Miso soup!!!

That is one of my favorites. And son, I come from Texas. The land of chili. You know not true chili, or true chili love, untill you visit Texas.

Thats what that stuff is called? Cool. Yeah, that stuff rules.

Hey, I may not be from Texas, but I have been to a few fine dining establishments (a.k.a the random diners/out in the middle of nowhere restaurants) down there and I do know true chili love. Plus I'm from Kansas. We know how to make some pretty damn good chili up here too.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Soup is good food

I had a bowl of chili with lots of onions, cheddar cheese, and Fritos tonight.

I love soup with potatoes in it, especially when it has a creamy broth. Potatoes and sausage go very nicely together. Broccoli cheese is good too, but I hate when people put carrots in it. I like to top it with diced tomatoes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Sep 23, 2008,
another guy from texas who thinks that chili only comes from texas, if your name is keith I just might shit myself.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

Clam ****ing Chowder.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Natrone
Thats what that stuff is called? Cool. Yeah, that stuff rules.

Hey, I may not be from Texas, but I have been to a few fine dining establishments (a.k.a the random diners/out in the middle of nowhere restaurants) down there and I do know true chili love. Plus I'm from Kansas. We know how to make some pretty damn good chili up here too.

HA! Kansas wouldn't know good chilli if it jumped up y'alls nose and shot out y'alls ears.
But I am glad you have been to the land of true chilli lore . . .

Quote by ntchode
another guy from texas who thinks that chili only comes from texas, if your name is keith I just might shit myself.

And no, my name is not Keith. And I said that only GOOD chilli comes from Texas. Kind of like how you can't get good Chowder outside of New England. I am sure you could find good chilli outside of Texas, but it is about as rare as an intelligent socio-economical analysis of Iran's population coming out of the mouth of Mr. Bush. (I am sure that it happens every once and a while . . .)
Last edited by Seryaph at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by Seryaph
HA! Kansas wouldn't know good chilli if it jumped up y'alls nose and shot out y'alls ears.
But I am glad you have been to the land of true chilli lore . . .

And no, my name is not Keith. And I said that only GOOD chilli comes from Texas. Kind of like how you can't get good Chowder outside of New England. I am sure you could find good chilli outside of Texas, but it is about as rare as an intelligent socio-economical analysis of Iran's population coming out of the mouth of Mr. Bush. (I am sure that it happens every once and a while . . .)

Ok, fair enough, we don't have the greatest chili, but we have some seriously good food here, what with all the little Amish towns that have a restaurant. Those Amish folks know how to make some damn good food. If anyone has been to carriage crossing, you know what I'm talking about.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Valetar
mushroom soup >> other soups
/thread

He didn't mean mushroom tattoo soup . But yeah, cream of broccoli soup destroys the world and brings life to the dead!
Quote by Vader, Darth
...and the ole lightsaber comes out...
^+1 for moshing

R.I.P
Little Brother 8/30/08
PFC JR Peters 3/17/08
Jessy 12/23/07

I miss you all
I prefer to only eat chili that Ive made for myself, I can guarantee that chili made in my own home would meet the standards of even the most discriminating chili aficionado.

Oh great, not just from texas but a liberal to boot. this should be fun.

I guess at least we all love good chili.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

Page 1 of 2