Ok sorry if i have posted this in the wrong category but im fairly new to posting on the forums.

i am looking to start recording on my laptop with my electric guitar. Only problem is i am 16 and cant fork out massive amounts off money to record.

What is the cheapest way i can record and what do i need to do it??

Any help will be much appreciated
Get a 1/4 inch socket to 1/8 inch jack so you can plug into your microphone jack on your laptop.Then go download Audacity(Or Reaper) To record into. Then your all set!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
so its really that easy? I went into my local music store and they were trying to sell me 300 dollars worth of equipment
Yea, thats if you want quality recordings or want to use programs such as cubase. I got a "$300 dollar" one now. Better quality. But by the sounds of it u just want to record riffs to remember?

Also you ask for the cheapest. So I gave you the cheapest. The interfaces are a good investment though. Very good.
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Yeh nah i was looking for the cheapest. But i asked the guy in the store for the cheapest and that was his answer. haha. Any ideas about a piano as well?
Ummmm. Electric? Or grand?
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
id recomend a Line 6 Toneport UX1..or i think they have something called a Toneport GX

search for it on musicians friend its fairly cheap and can make really, really good soundin shit
Just do the same as guitar but form the headphone out socket.

nine01n: Obviously this guy doesn't want to fork out loads for this. I'm just giving him a starter. If he wants more i would also suggest the Line6 range.
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
ok sweet. Yeah i went and bought the socket thing you recommended hopefully it works for me!! How much does the teleline thing cost?? Maybe something to look into for christmas
Quote by tomypg
Just do the same as guitar but form the headphone out socket.

nine01n: Obviously this guy doesn't want to fork out loads for this. I'm just giving him a starter. If he wants more i would also suggest the Line6 range.

Yea i bought a line6 x3 to record and wasnt very interested in the effects and such as i thought they would be crap comparee to my real pedals. But its better then i expected and i get some good tones. I was cheap. A good place to start.
Quote by coltonsalter
ok sweet. Yeah i went and bought the socket thing you recommended hopefully it works for me!! How much does the teleline thing cost?? Maybe something to look into for christmas

Defiantly look into it if you want to get serious on recording. The prices differ. Go for a price search on music123.com or musicians friend.
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
oh yeah one more question. Im looking for a 3/4 acoustic guitar preferably steel strings. Only problem is that im left handed. Do you know any makes or models that might be in left hand?
Quote by coltonsalter
theres only four guitars there and there not 3/4 size...

Oops, sorry, wrong link: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-Baby-Taylor-Mahogany-LeftHanded-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514134
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
ooooohhhhh nice guitar. Bit expensive for me though but thanks for the link it helps me out find the different prices for different models.