or something ahhahah

ive sold my schecter to pay some bills
and after 3 years of playing theres one guitar i really miss and regret getting rid of

my epiphone g400

no its not gibson or fender or some overpriced guitar

it was a cheap, piece of crap guitar
but i loved the feel of it and mine sounded good

soooo
im gonna buy a new one =]
this time im gonna mod it...i have an emg 81 lyin around on my desk and im gonna put that and an 85 in it and buy some grovers =]

sound like a good idea?
hmmm.

maybe you liked feeling+sound, you should get gibson stuff, or something like that, cause epiphone as new guitar is pretty weird. and if you change the pickups, you won't get the old tone
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by xbouncer927
or something ahhahah

ive sold my schecter to pay some bills
and after 3 years of playing theres one guitar i really miss and regret getting rid of

my epiphone g400

no its not gibson or fender or some overpriced guitar

it was a cheap, piece of crap guitar
but i loved the feel of it and mine sounded good

soooo
im gonna buy a new one =]
this time im gonna mod it...i have an emg 81 lyin around on my desk and im gonna put that and an 85 in it and buy some grovers =]

sound like a good idea?

I love my G-400. It has two EMG81s in it. I like your plan. If I had an extra one, I'd give you it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by HeartRaz0r
hmmm.

maybe you liked feeling+sound, you should get gibson stuff, or something like that, cause epiphone as new guitar is pretty weird. and if you change the pickups, you won't get the old tone

Gibson owns Epiphone so it doesn't matter what brand you buy because they are made the same way now. I have an epiphone and it's just as good as it's gibson version. With those two brands the name doesn't matter anymore
^ That's not true. A big part of the price difference comes from the more expensive labour, but to say a $400 Epi is as nice as a $1600 Gibson is absurd.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Gibsons have better quality woods and parts and most importantly they have better labour/better made. A pickup change would make a big difference though
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
I had a G400 once too.
I regret selling it.
It felt so good to play...

But yeah, fantastic guitars, beats the hell out of the Gibson SG Special.

Quote by dxpaintball8000
Gibson owns Epiphone so it doesn't matter what brand you buy because they are made the same way now. I have an epiphone and it's just as good as it's gibson version. With those two brands the name doesn't matter anymore

That doesn't make sense.
And if you're saying what I think you're saying, it's wrong.
A high-end Gibson will always be better than a high-end Epiphone.
Better electronics, better construction, better materials and hardware...they're all round better guitars.

That being said, you might find an Epiphone that to YOU plays nicer than a Gibson.
Or you might play a modded, high-end Epiphone (Les Paul Custom, for example), which plays nicer than a cheaper Gibson model.
That's totally possible.
Done up Epiphones usually come close to some Gibson models, and often the extra money for the Gibson just isn't worth it.
But still, Epiphone < Gibson.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
I had a G400 once too.
I regret selling it.
It felt so good to play...

But yeah, fantastic guitars, beats the hell out of the Gibson SG Special.

That doesn't make sense.
And if you're saying what I think you're saying, it's wrong.
A high-end Gibson will always be better than a high-end Epiphone.
Better electronics, better construction, better materials and hardware...they're all round better guitars.

That being said, you might find an Epiphone that to YOU plays nicer than a Gibson.
Or you might play a modded, high-end Epiphone (Les Paul Custom, for example), which plays nicer than a cheaper Gibson model.
That's totally possible.
Done up Epiphones usually come close to some Gibson models, and often the extra money for the Gibson just isn't worth it.
But still, Epiphone < Gibson.

yep...epi's are not the same as gibson.
the epiphones ive owened...
a les paul, les paul custom, sg 310, and g400
out of all of them only the sg 310 was terrible

ive owned 2 gibson sg special fadeds and used a standard for a few months

the epiphone g400 felt and played and sounded amazing than all the gibsons
thats just me

plus most people will say gibson is better because rock idols say they are
if all the musicians that have gibson first went through epiphone in the 60's im almost certain Epis would be top of the line today
its all "first come first serve"

i read in guitar world mag that said if some solid state amps were made before tube amps, solid states would be all the rage, because OUR generation knows tube amps as amazing because rock idols play them

its kinda dumb to think about
but id much rather pay $400 for an amazing guitar than pay $1500 for the same thing..its wood with strings and electronics. i have car bills to pay for. hahahaha