Hey, so I decided that i would like to learn the major scale, i have learned the minor pentatonic, but it just doesn't feel enough to improvise with, i can play it like the back of my hand, literally. So i decided to find something more musically satisfying, and hopefully this will be it, if not... it will probably help me in some way on the road

So would be greatfully appreciated.
haha, Pentatonic licks are fun . . . Try Down, down, down by Satriani, he's got a few cool pentatonic licks in there. . . As for learning the major scale, just search online, and do C Major starting, it's just easier that way all natural notes. . . C Major, relative A minor. . . I'm not giving you anything more than what you need to search in your browser
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Oh, and if it does scales based off modes. . . C Ionian, A Aeolian. . . browser wouldn't let me edit again tonight so it's another post.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Check out the Crusade articles by Josh Urban in the Columns section.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Don't be so sure you know the pentatonic scale like the back of your hand yet! I'm willing to bet (judging by the fact that you havent even dived into the major scale yet) that you DON'T know the pentatonic scale in ALL 5 positions. That means up and down the fretboard, not just in that nice little box. You also should check out some "pentatonic licks" videos on youtube to see JUST how awesome those 5 little notes can be!

Not saying you should not learn the major scale right now, by all means, expand your horizon. Just don't EVER turn you back on the pentatonic scale!!!!!!!!