Marshall JCM 2000- DSL 401
on ebay for $450 bid
valve right?
yeh looks good for price but i read on reviews hasnt got very good overdrive?
so?
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9595/userbar671014hu6.gif[/img]
He doesn't think that it'll actually go for $450 on ebay, which I agree with.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
not the point, but is it a good amp ?
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9595/userbar671014hu6.gif[/img]
not a bad amp at all, but it doesn't sound as good as the head unit for some reason.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Just bought one for 450 at guitar center! Of course that is the price after I traded in my shitty mg, It was 600 before the trade in. I love the thing. It even sounds good on low volumes (not super low, It has to be on at least 3 to sound good. But yeah its a great amp. But no its gonna go for more then 450. The overdrive? Well its alright but if you want crushing high gain, just grab an OD Pedal, the effects loop feature works well.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
Just bought one for 450 at guitar center! Of course that is the price after I traded in my shitty mg, It was 600 before the trade in. I love the thing. It even sounds good on low volumes (not super low, It has to be on at least 3 to sound good. But yeah its a great amp. But no its gonna go for more then 450. The overdrive? Well its alright but if you want crushing high gain, just grab an OD Pedal, the effects loop feature works well.

the fx loop is sh1te on the dsl401, you tried a delay pedal in it yet? my dmm sounds awful
Its probably one of the best rock amps one can buy if you can find one for less than $700 used. Just be sure to buy the post 2004 models as the older ones had major overheating issues.

But compared to some of Marshall's more higher end offerings and reissue vintage amps, it can't hold a candle, its really more for the player buying his/her first tube amp and wants a real Marshall tone. But its good for that regardless.

And to agree with someone else who posted before me, tt doesn't sound as good as the heads, the DSL50 and 100 are actually quite a bit better, the 401 runs el34s and can get a bit fizzy at low volumes and muddy at high volumes. But different circuit, different tubes, and different output transformers, you can't expect them to sound the same. Also, the stock speaker is pretty much a piece of shit.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 23, 2008,
Matt Heafy used to use JMC 2000's, so if u like trivium n shit its a good deal