Any suggestions?

I heard that Mick Thompson from Slipknot has a signature guitar, an acoustic that plays like an electric. I'd like to find something like that, but not his signature.

Thanks for the help
Quote by Sphinx1992
Electric with Piezo System?

I'd prefere a true acoutic if it's possible. I've seen some in music shops where the neck is very thin, but I didn't see the name.

Edit : It could also be an Electro Acoustic.
Last edited by DeadlySurfer at Sep 23, 2008,
Well... all acoustics are good for barre chords. It's not like one is different than the other guitar wise. Now you can make it easier if you put really low gauge strings on the guitar. There are downsides you may want to consider, a big one is tone. Plus, depending which strings you would be running now you may need to adjust your truss rod so there isn't back bow in your neck.
Don't buy an acoustic guitar that makes barre chords easier. Practise them until you can do it properly. There are acoustic guitars with thinner, fatter necks, different feels etc etc but at the end of the day your barre chords are going to sound like crap on any one of them if you don't practise them.
He has an incredibly sexy Ovation.

And barre chords are possible on any acoustic, unless its mine, in which case every single note always sounds bad.

=[
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by confusius
Don't buy an acoustic guitar that makes barre chords easier. Practise them until you can do it properly. There are acoustic guitars with thinner, fatter necks, different feels etc etc but at the end of the day your barre chords are going to sound like crap on any one of them if you don't practise them.

This. I would recommend findign a guitar with a really high action and practicing on it until your barre chords sound right, then when you get a guitar with a lower action, they will feel easier and natural.

Don't buy a guitar on this basis either; you won't be happy with it later, when doing barre chords is no longer and issue. Buy one that you like how it plays overall, and learn to make barres happen on there.
I'm assuming that you want an acoustic with a neck that feels like that of an electric. For this you can't go wrong with a Takamine. Very, very thin necks, and also great guitars that you won't have to break the bank for.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I'm assuming that you want an acoustic with a neck that feels like that of an electric. For this you can't go wrong with a Takamine. Very, very thin necks, and also great guitars that you won't have to break the bank for.

Ah, thankyou. I'll look around for some now. I respect what everyone says about practising and I will.

Thanks again