Pit Rats

I am currently planning on investing in a house with three of my best mates. We want to renovate my friends mother's house then buy the house from her, she has green lighted the project.

I was wondering in anyone has had any experience in this area & could give me any advice.

Sorry if there is another thread like this already but I'm tired and there is only so many ways i can think of to use the search bar at the moment.

Cheers
I'd say we've seen everything.

Really? Have you ever seen a man eat his own face?

No!

Then you havent seen everything
well collectively i would say around $30,000, but we have given ourselves about a year to complete the renovations and we will be doing as much of the labor as we can (One advantage of having tradies for friends).

Essentially I'm trying to work out if we have all our bases covered don't wanna get halfway through the project to have some random little oversight to destroy everything

No!

ask for advice somewhere else, UG only seems good for sex, drug, hair advice...were bloody useless round here. haha.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
ask for advice somewhere else, UG only seems good for sex, drug, hair advice...were bloody useless round here. haha.

When the house is done, get some strippers.
expecting $300,000-$350,000 before renovations, having a real estate agent coming round on thursday morning to do an actual evaluation

Haha Don't be so hard on the pit TraineezOrz it can can surprise the f**k out of me sometimes

No!

well structurally the house is quite sound, it is just mostly removing things that are impractical and replacing them with things that we as a group feel we will need and some things that we as bachelors feel is necessary (can anyone say spa haha)

No!

I've got shit all experience, but having been around when my house was getting renovated, don't plan on it getting done in a short time. Are you planning on working on the renovation full time? Only on weekends? When you can be arsed? All very important questions. I don't doubt that you are really into the idea now, but if you're not a tradie, then make sure you are fully informed about what your role would be. Nothing tears mates apart quicker than large amounts of money going down the shitter

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
I've got shit all experience, but having been around when my house was getting renovated, don't plan on it getting done in a short time. Are you planning on working on the renovation full time? Only on weekends? When you can be arsed? All very important questions. I don't doubt that you are really into the idea now, but if you're not a tradie, then make sure you are fully informed about what your role would be. Nothing tears mates apart quicker than large amounts of money going down the shitter

Well as i said previously we are giving ourselves about a year so that it can be done responsibly and without the need for throwing large amounts of money only to have it be done in a rushed manner.

I'm pretty good as a handyman but two of the other guys are qualified tradsmen (Brickie and Roof Carpenter) and my other mate has a real knack for this kind of thing

No!

Quote by TheMystcWarrior
Well as i said previously we are giving ourselves about a year so that it can be done responsibly and without the need for throwing large amounts of money only to have it be done in a rushed manner.

I'm pretty good as a handyman but two of the other guys are qualified tradsmen (Brickie and Roof Carpenter) and my other mate has a real knack for this kind of thing

oh, sorry dude, missed that. Look, as I said, as long as you plan it really well, and factor in shit that could happen, it sounds like a plausible plan. might want to get real chummy with a plasterer though

Sanity is not statistical
hmmm good idea cheers.

I'm gonna go play guitar and go to bed now
Cheers pit rats
anything else u guys think of will have to wait till tomorrow for a response
Peace

No!