Page 1 of 2
I shall tell you people about something that happened to my friend. My friend Adam , keeps his guitars on a wall hanger in his room , he was sleeping once and heard a loud bang and saw his cheap $350 ibanez was lying on the ground with a huge chip.So he took it to Mega Music ( local music shop ) and asked them how much it wood take to get fixed.The person said $700.LOL
Moral of the story: Always buy decent wall hangers.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
did his guitar have sentimental value to him? if so then thats understandable i guess
Sig space available, give me some praise
Haha yeah . Adam's sticking to the floor guitar racks now.
$700 for a chip?

probably take them about 4c worth of woodglue to fix
Quote by zippidyduda

Either that or decent walls.
Damn that sucks! Good Thing I don't use wall hangers!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by MightyAl
Either that or decent walls.

Or live in a place with less gravity.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Or live in a place with less gravity.

Like Poland.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

I once asked a professional painter what he'd charge to finish a guitar and it was over $300.00 to paint a new unfinished one and over $600.00 to refinish a finished one. The extra $300 was to cover all the time required to properly strip and prep the guitar before even attemnpting to put on a new finish. I suspect your friend's quote was high for a similar reason.
Moving on.....
Try a case next time, geek.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
My first and only guitar is a $350 cheap Ibanez too. Granted it has tons of sentimental value to me, at that price I definitely would just keep it around for nostalgia and upgrade guitars in the mean time.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by in2thesun88
it has character now, just look at zakk wylde's confederate guitar, it has had the shit beat out of it and has beer caps nailed into it

I suppose "character" is one way of phrasing it.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
You need to understand that the reason the guitar is so cheap is because they're mass produced. If you set out to build the same guitar yourself you would easily double the cost.

Assuming that the chip is on the body: to fix it properly they have to take apart the whole guitar so they can work with just the body. Strip all of the paint off, fill in the chip with a good wood filler, sand the whole body and then paint it from scratch trying to match the original died lacquer as close as possible. Then re-assemble the guitar. It's a very lengthy and labour intensive process.
I would locate the wall stud and screw into that, it's even stronger than toggle bolts.
Moving on.....
Quote by moody07747
and properly attach them with toggle bolts

I wouldn't trust them.

If I was putting the wall hanger into anything that needed one of those, I'd rather leave the guitar on the floor....
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by zippidyduda

Hercules ftw!
the shop probably didn't want to be arsed with the job and figured they'd quote a high price so he'd just go away.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
tell him to get used to the chip. and get decent wall hangers or a stand.

and his guitar was laying on the ground, not lying.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by saphrax
I love my wall hangers and solid brick walls!

+1

But I'll need to buy some more soon
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Am I the only one who thinks that Zakk Wylde guitar is badass?! If I had an extra guitar I'd stamp all sorts of cool beer stoppers on it too.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
I have wall hanger, but i never hang my guitars on them, i always end up with clothes hanging off them.
Quote by Bowe
$700 for a chip?

probably take them about 4c worth of woodglue to fix

if the chip has cracked internally, it's a bitch to fix. It can affect the sound dramatically.
Quote by slashVR
Am I the only one who thinks that Zakk Wylde guitar is badass?! If I had an extra guitar I'd stamp all sorts of cool beer stoppers on it too.

You're not the only one, in fact my favorite Les Paul is the Zakk Wylde bullseye, I want to save up and buy one when i get a job.

To the post above: I agree, look what happened to EVO, Steve Vai's guitar, it keeps constantly going out of tune.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I suppose "character" is one way of phrasing it.

or total piece of shit
I'm Steve
Page 1 of 2