so im looking for a good amp between £400-£500. £500 is the most i ill spend. i play classic rock, rock and a bit of metal but not much. i will only be giging small gigs and using it for bedroom practise so im not really looking to get a 50+ watt amp. any suggestions?
Last edited by Foo Fighters!! at Sep 28, 2008,
oooooooh

vox ac30
fender hot rod deluxe
orange rocker 30
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Vox Ad100vt is a 100watt combo that has loads of good effects
its £299 where i live but most it should be is £369

Youtube it
=========

Nathnialm

====
^ 400 to 500 is enough for a real tube amp, one i forgot to mention is the Marshall DSL 401, its preety versatile and classic rock is its specialty
My Gear

Quote by xander307
oooooooh

vox ac30
fender hot rod deluxe
orange rocker 30

isn't the hot rod and the orange rocker 30 more way more than £500?
Quote by xander307
^ 400 to 500 is enough for a real tube amp, one i forgot to mention is the Marshall DSL 401, its preety versatile and classic rock is its specialty

is this a good amp? ive heard a few bad things about it on ug. is this amp only good for lead playing?
hot rods more like 450.. orange rocker is 550ish, but its worth considering anyway
My Gear

Well, if your willing to go used Marshall JCM 800 combos are going for that sort of money and less, I got a mint split channel 100w one for £450 a few months back and its fantastic, much better than any modern Marshall I've played. Word of warning though, you will need an attenuator with this option.
I'm helping a freind of mine sell a very nice 100 watt JCM 800 head for around 400 or 500 quid (don't remember how much he wanted) it's in near mint condition and was made the year before they started making production JCM800's so it's got some collectors value too. Only problem is that it doesn't have a master volume I've got pics of it on my website.

On a more realistic note, the Lany VC-30 uses almost exactly the same schematic as many of the vox AC-30 amps and the 2x12 version is less than 400 quid while the 1x12 is less that 300. A very good choice for people in the UK.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by xander307
oooooooh

vox ac30
fender hot rod deluxe
orange rocker 30

You guys can get the AC30 new for under 500 pounds? Consider me jealous :-(

They go for ~$1200 here which would be ~650 pounds...
Peavey JSX mini Colossal goes for £350 on Thomann.de
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I got an Orange Rocker 30 for £400 used.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Used Laney AOR50 head with a nice 2X12 cab will be great and give you money leftover for a nice pedal or two.

i like this idea
Someone was doing the Laney TT50C for less than 500 and its probably one of the best for that price. I play the same styles as you (rock and a bit of metal) and with three channels you cant get much better than this for price, versatility, and tone

100% recommend
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by xander307
oooooooh

vox ac30
fender hot rod deluxe
orange rocker 30

Vox may not be good for metal, but the orange is godly.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
oh. btw i will only be gigging small places and using the amp for bedroom practise so i dont really want a amp that will sound rubbish if its not cranked very much so im looking for a lower wattage amp.
the dsl401 is fairly good at low volumes, anyway im selling if your interested sent us a PM or w/e
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
JCM 800 with TS.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Varkunus
the dsl401 is fairly good at low volumes, anyway im selling if your interested sent us a PM or w/e

sorry but im thinking of getting an amp new and i want to try it out first
Quote by Foo Fighters!!
i dont think i will be able to get a jcm800 under £500

Sure, shop second hand. Dont buy new. Its better. It will give you higher end possibilities for the same price, and if you want to sell you wont loose any money, as you mostly can sell it for the price you bought it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
rocker 30 combo is like 745 where i live

point is, get a laney VC30
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
^at least somebody agrees with me

Quote by Foo Fighters!!
i dont think i will be able to get a jcm800 under £500

Seriously, check the one out I have on my website http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/amps_guitars_and_parts.htm. I'm pretty sure they want 450 quid for it (but they haven't gotten back to me on price yet so I'm not 100%) so after you figure in shipping it will be right at 500.00. For a JCM800 made before production JCM 800 amps thats a heck of a good price and I have personaly used this amp on many occastions I know for a fact that it is a great amp. I can get you the phone number of the music shop that owns the amp and you can talk to them about it if you are interested. It really is worth a look! and if you need master volume I'm sure I could rig a mod that would be reversable so it wouldn't hurt the amps resale.

I just want to point out that I get nothing if that amp sells and I'm not spamming the board to try and sell it. I just think it would work for the TS.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Sep 28, 2008,