I've played for seven months and am almost 100% self taught. I've had some help explaining basic things from my uncle who's played for around fifty years, but he doesn't know any terms or theory to save his life. I've played trumpet for four years, as well, so I'm pretty expirienced in basic music stuff.

This is mind, what in the world is a natural harmonic? I can't figure it out to save my life.
Lay your finger slightly on the string, above the 12th fret.
Pick the string, and immediately after you've touched the string, release your finger from the string, and you will hear a bell-like sound. You can do this at the 12th, 9th (with alot of practice), 7th and 5th fret. (Actually you can do this at almost any point on the neck, I only told the common ones). For songs that use alot of these harmonics, try Heresy from Pantera, or a lot of Van Halen stuff.
Quote by Gamerke
Lay your finger slightly on the string, above the 12th fret.
Pick the string, and immediately after you've touched the string, release your finger from the string, and you will hear a bell-like sound. You can do this at the 12th, 9th (with alot of practice), 7th and 5th fret. (Actually you can do this at almost any point on the neck, I only told the common ones). For songs that use alot of these harmonics, try Heresy from Pantera, or a lot of Van Halen stuff.

The 3rd fret is also an 'easy' one.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
The 3rd fret is also an 'easy' one.

3.2!

Nartual Harmonics lie on:
12th (Oct)
7th (Oct + 5th)
5 or 24th (2oct)
4th, 9th or 17th (2oct + 3rd)
3.2 (2 oct + 5th)
2.3 (3 oct)