OK well I don't have any strap locks and before I go out and spend dough on some I feel like there could be a better way to lock in the strap or at least hold it pretty well. I know you can tape it with duct tape and what not but I don't really want to go throwing duct tape all over the guitar just yet. Anybody have any ideas or have done anything thats worked before?
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Takamine: EG544SC-4C
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
On a more helpful note, have you looked on youtube? I remember seeing a few videos of people showing some home-made strap locks that worked pretty well.
1. Remove old strap.
2. Unscrew the strap pin.
3. Line the hole in the strap up with the hole for the strap pin screw.
4. Line up the hole in a metal washer on top of the strap.
5. the screw on the strap button goes through the hole in the washer, through the hole in the strap, then back into the hole it came out of.
6. Tighten it back up.
7. Repeat for other side.

Pretty simple, just using a washer to lock the strap on.
You can use something different to fit your style..
I've used washers, poker chips with holes drilled in them, the outer ring of a toonie (2 dollar coin, for those who don't know Canadian currency...).
Be creative.
The only downside is that to change straps, you have to unscrew the strap buttong, but if you've got a strap for each guitar, then it's just a way to save a few bucks
go get 2 washers, take the strap button off, put a washer there, place the strap end on the washer, put the other washer on top, then screw in the strap button.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

thats perfect guys thanks.
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 110

Guitars:
Fender Strat - HSS
Takamine: EG544SC-4C
Kay Acoustic

Effects:
Morley Bad Horsie II
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
I personally couldnt find washers the right size, so I drilled holes in some coins. Works for me.
Inspired by this thread I decided to find something for myself.. I got some very thin cardboard and made a hole in the centre with a pen, then squeezed the cardboard over the strap buttons. Works amazing, no problems so far.
^I'd probably use something more sturdy than cardboard, but if that works for you, then coo.

I'd just be concerned that you just pushed the peices of cardboard over the strap buttons, which means that the hole is big enough for the cardbobard to come right back off.
Not too big a deal if your strap isn't usually bd for falling off, though..
Personally, since my strap is a really cheap one, which i don`t mind experimenting on, i just stapled through the leather, bent it inwards and it holds good for a few cents. 2-3 should do the basic job.
Quote by james4
^I'd probably use something more sturdy than cardboard, but if that works for you, then coo.

I'd just be concerned that you just pushed the peices of cardboard over the strap buttons, which means that the hole is big enough for the cardbobard to come right back off.
Not too big a deal if your strap isn't usually bd for falling off, though..

The strap would come off every 5 minutes before, badly positioned buttons. Basically, when I squeeze it over the cardboard, the cardboard from where the hole was doesnt fall off, it stays on there, so I can tuck it under the button and it can't move. Can't think of how to explain that any better, pictures would probably help..
go to your local harware store, find some small rubber washers for sinks and shit, find one that fits on your strap button. problem solved.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
go to your local harware store, find some small rubber washers for sinks and shit, find one that fits on your strap button. problem solved.

great idea...i'm gonna try that.