okay so my band is gonna play a house party for one of my friends, but we dont have a PA system fro my mic, all i got is an amp that has a gain, bass, middle, treble and master knobs as well as an overdrive "boost" button, ive pluged my mic in and used it, but what settings should i turn the knobs to to get a good clean sound, but still be able to get loud? thanks in advance!
make sure the overdrive boost button is not on and the gain is at zero. after that turn the rest of the knobs to 5 and experiment.
i've found that you need to turn bass and treble all the way down. that usually takes care of feedback issue and gives you a clear tone
I use an amp when my band plays for vox I just kill all the FX

Bass mids and trebs i have in the middle like at 5 or 5.5 if yours goes to 11

as for gain between a quarter and half if its too high you will have horrible feedback all the time

and we all know that just sux the big one! =D
Dont bother putting voice into OD/dist mode with a voice pedal doing it for you, you'll just like signal out and it wont even pick out your voice, its a frequency thing.

Id say keep treble to max, bass just over middle, and middle in the middle or lower ends :P

Ive used a guitar amp before, well its not loud, even through my 100watt guitar amp, its still not as loud as id like to be :P

It;ll do fine if his house isnt massive, just make sure its hearable otherwise no point in singing
Dial down the bass and treble to 5, and push the mids to 10 because that's where the voice is on the sound spectrum. Also if you need an extra push in volume you can use the OD mode and dial down the gain, I've done it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
your voice will destroy a guitar amp over time (the speakers in a guitar cab are made to accomodate the frequencies a guitar puts off, not the frequencies of a voice) i recommend finding something else.
Quote by z4twenny
your voice will destroy a guitar amp over time (the speakers in a guitar cab are made to accomodate the frequencies a guitar puts off, not the frequencies of a voice) i recommend finding something else.

What? The frequencies of a guitar and a voice are very similar.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
What? The frequencies of a guitar and a voice are very similar.

exactly what i was thinking.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
^ not true. i don't know why everyone thinks this (aside from thats what their friend told them) i get my info from a friend of mine who does mixing and has gone to school for this kind of stuff. i take his advice over all others. if you take and look at a raw wave format of the human voice you'll see that natural overtones on it are a lot wider than a guitars and you'll see a lot more low end pushing even in higher female voices. he's suggested to me that if you insist on using something besides a PA then to use a bass amp as the speakers accentuate a range closer to a humans range than a guitar amp. subsequently this is why a PA system is so expensive, the system, speakers and mixer are made to accentuate a human voice. same goes for bass amps, they're so expensive because they're made to push a wider range than a guitar amp.

the end of this is : you CAN technically use a guitar amp for vocals, but after a little while the speakers will give out. it's your call tho if you want a good reason to get a new amp.
wel im happy at least that this question sparked a nice thread! and thanks guys for all the info too! it did come in handy!
Quote by z4twenny

Yes, ruined an amp this way... Use a bass amp. I've never had a problem with that.