(unless this one breaks.)

This is my squier deluxe jazz, it sounds ****ing amazing, it looks ****ing amazing and it feels almost ****ing amazing.

Can I actually do much better? I mean I know I can (and will) change the pickups and the neck (it has an ebanol fretboard) but is there actually any point in me getting a new bass in a few years time? Or is this a lifetime bass?
That is for you, and you only to decide. If you enjoy playing it, and you don't get any feelings like "Oh man, this bass isn't fulfilling *x* criteria" then you don't need a replacement.
'Tis not a "yes or no" question you're asking.
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Yes, no ifs, no buts, you just will... nothing you can do about it. You always need another bass
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by TomD03
That is for you, and you only to decide. If you enjoy playing it, and you don't get any feelings like "Oh man, this bass isn't fulfilling *x* criteria" then you don't need a replacement.
'Tis not a "yes or no" question you're asking.

This, in a nutshell.
Of course you will. You will get tired of using a five string and for some stuff you will just need a four. Happened to me, now I have one of the dirtiest basses.
Technically, a lot of the sound comes from the pickups.. and a lot of the feel is in the neck. Replacing the pups and neck would pretty much mean the only thing the same on the bass is the body, which almost makes it a new bass anyway.

Regardless, if you're really stoked and don't have a lot to criticise about this bass, then no, you won't need to buy another bass unless you want a different tone.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Hell, if your rolling in money, buy loads of them, and put them in every tuning.

:P
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Cheers everyone, I have a backup bass (but only for dire emergencies) and I dont use any tuning but standard (If I have to do drop D then I put it on the B string) I will probably change the neck and electronics though because the ebanol fretboard tends to clack a bit and while I think the tone is perfect there is a bit too much noise when the treble is high.
Hopefully I can change these without altering the overall feel and tone or is that not possible?

Also if I was loaded then I would probably just get the Fender version (plus a Warwick Buzzard and Bongo Bass just for the lulz.)
GAS is a given--you can quiet the monster, but the minute you take an impulsive trip to the music store it comes back with a vengeance.
Quote by Spaz91

it sounds ****ing amazing,

I can (and will) change the pickups

what?
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by CaptainJack666
what?

What I meant was that the tone is perfect but there is a fair bit of noise when the treble is set high.
Quote by Spaz91
What I meant was that the tone is perfect but there is a fair bit of noise when the treble is set high.

ok. looks like a nice bass. but yeah change the ebanol neck
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
If its doing everything you need it to do in a way that you like, then no you wont need another bass, but good luck going into a music shop and then coming out saying that you didnt want something in their. Needs and wants are very VERY different
Quote by jimmy_neutron
If its doing everything you need it to do in a way that you like, then no you wont need another bass, but good luck going into a music shop and then coming out saying that you didnt want something in their. Needs and wants are very VERY different

I see you point BUT I tried a marcus miller sig jazz on a much better amp than I have and I still prefered the tone and feel of my Squier.

Now that I think of it the bass I'm likeliest to get ever is a standard P as it creates the only tone I can get close to on a jazz. But (as I said on a thread a week or so ago) I dont like how they feel and the P neck is nasty.

Looks like I'm sticking with the Squier.

Did I fail to mention I love money and the thought of spending over £500 on anything disgusts me?
It's really not a case of need...it's a case of greed

Anyway if you ever get bored of it you can send it my way.
Do I hear a certain amount of oozing on account of my bass?

Can't say I blame you.