me and my freind just recorded this in a jam session

i know my guitar playing isnt upto much but rate out of 10 ? and give constructive crit please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISH_ETw2yok

C4C ofcourse
GEAR

customised westfield strat soon to be HH
MIJ 68'reissue strat from 1996

bunch of boss pedals
sounds out of tune abit unfortunatly

you sound like your rushing the guitar
play with funk and be nice-n-loose
also timing is important for this song, something you need to work on i recommend wathcing some live versions and other covers so you get lots of views of the song

the syncapation is abit off on the verse riff

lovely tone though

i wont comment on singing as its not my field of expertise
yeah, maybe slightly outoftune, and timing is a bitoff, wouldsound good with drums there ithink pretty good fora jam session tho. Also the singing is slightly flat in the chorus. I would advise not trying to rush the song, itsa very laid back feel.
overall not bad
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
i agree, guitar sounds out of tune and the playing is rushed. also some of the playing is rather sloppy. an easy fix altogether if you just practice the song without singing and then reintroduce the singing again later
could you point me to what area's are most sloppy ? also singing crit would be appreciated
GEAR

bunch of boss pedals
i never had my tuner on me sorry , and thats a little harsh( i dont say "getz a new face for fcukzz sakez!!!111" to you do i, ugly asshat)
GEAR

bunch of boss pedals
My apologies for my guitarist's poor etiquette, I'd like to point out that Higgy's feelings are not representative of my own, the band's or any of our affiliates.

... but you were rather harsh...

... you ugly bastard...
Watch the tuning. Slow down the guitar parts and practice them until they come out nice. The singer was pretty good aside from a couple of out of key notes here and there.

Kudos for sounding pretty close to Anthony.

Here's mine.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16402287#post16402287

Hopefully you give it a go 'til the end since I was very nervous at the beginning and flubbed it up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
As someone mentioned earlier: Play funky and be nice n' loose It's the key behind sounding like Frusciante, especially in this song.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i found that that song took me a while to master especially the intro. You need to practice more.
It feels too tense and choppy. Your playing it to fast too which makes playing it harder. If you slow down to the tempo of the recording it will be easier and you'll be able to flow. Also, tune the guitar!!

The vocals werent bad. Your voice was just a bit out of tune during the chorus. Also, sing you should sing with a little more power during the chorus of this song.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by higgy30
i never had my tuner on me sorry ,

One thing every guitarist should know is that no matter how well you play it WILL sound like crap if the guitar is out of tune.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
singer good but guitarist tone dead - how can you not hear when you are that out of tune? Its beyond me...
i was actualy playing the wrong chords >_< but its fixed now
GEAR

bunch of boss pedals