Page 1 of 2
The 'Voyage 34' album by Porcupine Tree is pretty psychedelic.
------------------
The United States of America, if you can find their album get it
But, you can only get it as an import if you live in the states, I believe.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
haha! The United States of America's albumn can only be imported in the US?? Thats great. I didnt know that.
Quote by PenFighter19
haha! The United States of America's albumn can only be imported in the US?? Thats great. I didnt know that.

It might have been re-released in the US now, I'll have to look. It was unavailable for the longest time.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
try pictures of matchstick men its an awesome psycadelic song by status quo
There are way too many to list. I'll just give you some of mine off of my iTunes.

Jefferson Airplane
Arthur Brown
Big Brother and the Holding Company
Blue Cheer
The Electric Prunes
**The Misundestood** GOOD SHIT
Moby Grape
Os Mutantes
Syd Barrett Era Pink Floyd
The Soft Machine
Spirit
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Tomorrow
The United States of America
White Noise
Vanilla Fudge
Kaeleidoscope
Skip Bifferty
13th Floor Elevators

Those are some of the more known ones. There are thousands of other underground psych bands that are still very good

You also might want to get the Nuggets compilation, both Nuggets I and Nuggets II. Each is a multi CD compilation of garage rock and psychedelic hits from the 60s
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
See, I don't get why people call DSotM psychedelic. It's prog god damn it!
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Acid Mothers Temple is like a million different bands but they sound pretty good though.
Mars Volta
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
some of cream's lesser heard stuff, like SWLABR, NSU, and Dance the Night Away. To be obvious - The Beatles when they made MUSIC!
Porcupine Tree
13th Floor Elevators
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Tomorrow
Brightblack Morning Light
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Wavves
The Soft Machine
Spirit
The United States of America

But the best for me is Big Brother and the Holding Company
Mahavishnu Orchestra....for the people who only think they are jazz/fusion....they definitely have psychedelic tendencies with John writing most the songs...hes one trippy dude
'Music is the best"
Zappa
^ Also, Miles Davis' album Bitches Brew is trippy as hell. I always though John McLaughlin had a strong influence on it (cause he played on it), but more so than the other musicians (except Miles, but you can tell John influenced his playing as well).
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Last edited by HiImKindaNewAnd at Jan 13, 2009,
check out Tame Impala
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
^ Also, Miles Davis' album Bitches Brew is trippy as hell. I always though John McLaughlin had a strong influence on it (cause he played on it), but more so than the other musicians (except Miles, but you can tell John influenced his playing as well).

yea i agree, although i like On the Corner and In a Silent Way more...but all three of those albums are great stoned
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
yea i agree, although i like On the Corner and In a Silent Way more...but all three of those albums are great stoned

True, Bitches Brew could have used some serious editing. It's just too much for one sitting. And, yes Miles Fusion + Herb = Good Times .
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
C.A. Quintet
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I like the USA recommendations. Joe Byrd did some cool stuff. Check out the Field Hippies, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
early pink floyd. before david gilmour
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Page 1 of 2