1. is it worth it?

2. any links that could help me with making one?

thanks guys
Well most are pretty crap, and are unsafe. Many are known for during osiclation - if your a muse, which i guess you are, oscillation is part of the fun :P - exploding.

Some do work however, but there always in a crappy cardboard housing :P

Id say just buy the Zvex one, but the vextor series, then your just buying the fuzz not the handpianting aswel.

Building your own is ok for a while i guess, but id strongly say buy your own. The difference in sound, is very different imo. Real is always better
k thanks a lot anthony I appreciate your feedback, yeah I wanted to experiment with the ocilation
I disagree, it can sounds just as good. The oscillation usually comes from long wires in high gain effects, so I'm guessing that might be going on. Anyway, if you use quality parts and know how to work with stuff, it sounds just as good as the original.

Schematic: http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/fuzzfactory.htm
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Yeah, there's no magic going on in a fuzz pedal circuit. You can build it and make it sound great. Good planning, components, and soldering technique as well as keeping wires short can make all the difference.

Buy a housing from Pedal Parts Plus for like $10 and put it in that. It's the same type of enclosure Zvex uses for many of their pedals, anyway.

Hand paint it yourself and you're good.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Quote by asfastasdark
I disagree, it can sounds just as good. The oscillation usually comes from long wires in high gain effects, so I'm guessing that might be going on. Anyway, if you use quality parts and know how to work with stuff, it sounds just as good as the original.

Schematic: http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/fuzzfactory.htm

Not in pedals...the inch or two of added wire coming from a new builder dosent make a difference.

High impedance wires should be shielded though. That's a much better option than trying to keep things short.

The Fuzz Factory is just a Fuzz Face with an added gain stage (LPB). The reason it can oscillate so much is because of all the gain on tap, the ground conversions mad and the nature of some of "his" designs.

Over all its a pretty crap design and pedal.

Also please tell me you are joking when you linked that schem?
Quote by kurtlives91
Also please tell me you are joking when you linked that schem?

Sorry, couldn't resist ... that thing has tricked me so many times and I wanted to see what people were going to say... But yeah, that was not it.
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
^ I agree with kurt... (speaking of kurt, is that really a picture of you, cause you look ****in gangster man! )
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Dude are you kidding me, it talks about flux capacitors, opto-coupled metal film resistors, plates and heating filaments even though there is not a single tube, tantalum resistors, silver solder to improve gain, and pots measured in tera-ohms.
Gear:
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Quote by Øttər
^ I agree with kurt... (speaking of kurt, is that really a picture of you, cause you look ****in gangster man! )

Not me...

It's a guy by the name of John Frusciante