has anyone ever ordered the guitars from this website?

they sell a few diffrent brands

SX
Douglas
and
Agile

i've heard that agile's are very nice guitars

does anyone know anything about SX and Douglas guitars??

what can you tell me about;
the sound?
the quality?
gig worthy?

or anything else you would like to mention?

if you've ever played any one of these three brands let me know what you thought
thanks
SX and Douglas = BIG no no.

They aren't really any good in any of the above things, and trust me, I HAVE played both, sometime or another.

Agiles are okay, but they're getting a bit overrated now.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I've played plenty of nice Douglas guitars, the Hawker is really nice, especially for the price. I would avoid anything with a Floyd on it though.

As for SX, they're cheap, and that's about it. You'll get a Squire Affinity level instrument for 100 bucks, but you'll have to do a setup. If you replace the tuners and nut you'll have a fine beginners or travel instrument. Older ones have notoriously bad necks, but the newer ones don't seem to have that problem as a whole.
I almost want that Agile Tiger Eye. It's pretty. I already have an LP type sao I don't really need it.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
im sorry but i have to say it... use the searchbar...

as for something that is actually helpfull... i played an agile once. it was ok. that was about it lol. just ok. very good beginners guitar however i would just pay the extra $200 or w/e and get an epiphone or a mexican strat.
Last edited by madshatter at Sep 23, 2008,
SX is terrible, Douglass is ok, and Agile is pretty good.

SX has the worst guitar neck ever made, the finish is cheap, hardware is rickity and makes the instrument go out of tune easily, and the electronics/pickups have to be replaced immediately. I dare say this is the worst guitar/bass brand on earth.

Douglass is alright, just use judgement when buying from them, like avoiding (as mentioned above) cheap floyds.

Agile actually has quite a large following on here, their les pauls are rumoured to be of better quality than their epiphone rivals for much cheaper.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
To second another poster, search bar am your friend.

Quote by Lil Macker
SX and Douglas = BIG no no.

They aren't really any good in any of the above things, and trust me, I HAVE played both, sometime or another.

Trust me, I've BOUGHT both and given both brands as gifts, and for the price they blow anything else out of the water.

Quote by kranoscorp
SX is terrible, Douglass is ok, and Agile is pretty good.

SX has the worst guitar neck ever made, the finish is cheap, hardware is rickity and makes the instrument go out of tune easily, and the electronics/pickups have to be replaced immediately. I dare say this is the worst guitar/bass brand on earth.

No, no, no, and no. For the price you pay for the guitar it is a fine instrument. I had no tuning issues whatsoever with the one I had unless I touched the [vintage] trem on it, and tuning issues are to be expected with a trem. The finish was absolutely perfect as well, no runs anywhere. The neck was true, the frets were nicely filed, and the shape was uniform. The electronics were virtually silent and everything sounded quite fine for a guitar of its price range.

I might also add that I can certainly think of worse brands on the Earth... Wind River comes to mind.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
My brother has bought six or seven guitars from Rondo. He loves cheap guitars to work on/re-paint/fix up. From what I have seen and from playing his;

SX's are crap. Period.

The Douglas models are a decent body and neck already finished and are playable out of the box, but.... All the hardware, electronics and pups are really cheap and will need to be replaced and a fret level and setup will be a must if you want a decent playing guitar.

Agile's are somewhat solid and comparibe to lower end Epiphones. Again, this is just my personal opinion from playing them.
Last edited by Billy Picken at Sep 23, 2008,
Agiles own epi lp standards, My friend bought a al-2000 and it was awesome, came with a ****** set up though, we'll edit thid post when its set up.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I didnt see any issues with the SX guitars at all

As a matter of fact they put some great fretwire on those guitars nice big jumbo frets and the fret work was good too at least on the one I had it was a strat clone with P-90s in it.

The electronics were fine, decent bridge and the nut work was good too. If you compare it to something like a squire off the shelf I don't think theres any comparison.