Ok, so I'm thinking of getting an Ibanez, and i had a question.
Can I replace the stock pickups on an RG with EMG's easily, without having alter the guitar?
(i.e., not having to do extra routing, drilling holes in the guitar, etc....) If you need specifics the guitar I'm gonna get is an RG2550Z. Thanks in advance.
even if it was easy, i would pay a professional to do it just in case you do it wrong
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Quote by viper62084
even if it was easy, i would pay a professional to do it just in case you do it wrong

Yeah for sure, but will said professional have to drill a hole for a battery, do extra routing so the pickups will fit, etc... Because if thats the way it has to go its not worth it.
yeah thats true, i dont know too much about swapping pickups, ive only watched people in local music stores do it a couple of times.

If you want an ibanez type guitar with EMG's you could just go for a schecter hellraiser :P
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
i have a RG2550E

yours would be the upgrade one

great guitar though

pay a professional to be safe with this
Quote by guitarkid049
Yeah for sure, but will said professional have to drill a hole for a battery, do extra routing so the pickups will fit, etc... Because if thats the way it has to go its not worth it.

Seeing as how the guitar is only a 6 string not a 7 you won't need to do any routing for the pickups themselves and seeing as it's an RG I wouldn't have thought you'd have to rout out a battery compartment, you might, however, want to put some foam or something similar in the control cavity to hold the battery in place when you place otherwise it'll rattle and may hit the pots.

Seeing as how they're EMGs there's also not a lot of soldering to do so you should be all right with it; they have their "quick connect" wires from the pickups themselves.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.