I was wondering what my first amp should be... I am 100% sure that my bass will be an F104 ESP. I am only going to be using it for practice / jamming with friends therefore 20W or so will be fine. I considered getting a Behringer but these forums convinced me not to. I have had my eyes on this because it is cheap, and looks powerful.
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B20-1X12-Bass-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481622

Also, I have only been playing at school and can already play Hysteria by Muse 95% perfectly so I am sure that I can handle a good amp.

I don't want to spend over 180 because with the bass and other accessories it will cost around 560.
Last edited by BCarey2293 at Sep 23, 2008,
you'll need a lot mopre than 20 watts. Try out the Ashdown electric blue series. And do you have a budget?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I agree with Scott, 20w n bass terms equates to no more than a fart, you need to be looking at minimum 50 and thats without a drummer........

How much are you willing to spend?
If a drummer comes into the equation, 150W is the first safe power level where the drummer will be able to hear you.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Go through the Classifieds with a fine tooth comb is the only rhing i can suggest that you do, because 150 new wont get you much....... Keep an eye out for Ashdown MAGs or Electric Blue

If you have any other friends that are bassists, see if you can organise to borrow an amp from them or something while you save up?
i reckon for practise and jamming 100 watts will do you it does me so look out for some ashdown and hartke.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
well, I have a 50W and I jam with a drummer and when i put my volume halfway up my friends complain its too loud...