Page 1 of 3
What would you do if you had the power to change UG? (ie adding/removing sections, making tabs easier to find/read, etc)

If it were up to me, I would change the commenting system on tabs and make them more open to suggestions. Then instead of having 20 slightly different tabs on the same song, you have one supertab, if you will.

Anyone have similar thoughts?
Auto-delete posts that have the words 'I' 'cum' and 'blood' in the same sentence.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
Auto-delete posts that have the words 'I' 'cum' and 'blood' in the same sentence.

Yeah, I hope they put a censor on "I cum blood"
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by dgme92

And add a permaban to anyone using it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd cum blood.

It would be teh br00talz!
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by dgme92
Auto-delete posts that DON'T have the words 'I' 'cum' and 'blood' in the same sentence.

Fixed.

I would probably change the ability to change my username, i hate it
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I'd remove you ...

Actual Answer:
- I'd probably do more to stop unentertaining memes, "I Cum Blood" is an example, it's no longer funny just to say that as a response to a thread.
- I'd ban all mention of 4chan or /b/ or any other inferior website (except Youtube).
- I'd give more attention to bass on the site.
Last edited by aaciseric at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by dgme92

like your sentance you mean?
But yea, you're right though.
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Pre-moderation would be great. Cut out all the crappy threads and make loads of pointless work for the mods
I'd make it so that everytime I log on there's €100 transferred to my bank account.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'

Id have a user rating thing like i saw on this other forum
it was like .... X uses to much teeth....
and X is the epitome of what this site is about....
and X is off to a good start ....

-_____-
Quote by Anthony1991
Remove dragonforce to purge the site of impurities.

Finally someone we can listen to.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Tom_hatton
Ban all people who don't play guitar from the Pit.
I'd ban all people who do play guitar. No-one cool plays guitar.
Quote by smb
I'd ban all people who do play guitar. No-one cool plays guitar.

Guitar is soooo last year, every cool kid's playing the trombone.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'd permanently remove any elitist piece of shit, specially the ones who think they are THE SHIT because they listen to Br00tAlz MeTalZ. Like the pathetic little fags from the Metal forum for example.

Can't discuss Metal with those idiots because their heads are buried too far up their asses, Opeth fanboys are safe though.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by Tom_hatton
Ban all people who don't play guitar from the Pit.

There would end up being about 7 people left...
Honestly? I wouldn't ban anyone - I'd do the opposite. Let people say whatever they want.

Anyone offended to the point of ire by text in a forum is going to have issues anyway. Everyone's got the right to say what they think, even if you don't agree with it.

Aside from that, I think UG is doing pretty well. The only thing I could say I'd definately change is the tabs - I'd have a dedicated team of guitarists testing every tab that was approved for accuracy. If it sucked, it'd be gone. This way, there would only need to be one version of each song - as opposed to the five hundred there are now. There are too many misleading tabs that only bring frustration.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by dgme92

Unfortunately it's impossible AFAIK.

Unless they've updated the vBulletin system since I was last an admin...
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by strat0blaster
Honestly? I wouldn't ban anyone - I'd do the opposite. Let people say whatever they want.

Anyone offended to the point of ire by text in a forum is going to have issues anyway. Everyone's got the right to say what they think, even if you don't agree with it.

Aside from that, I think UG is doing pretty well. The only thing I could say I'd definately change is the tabs - I'd have a dedicated team of guitarists testing every tab that was approved for accuracy. If it sucked, it'd be gone. This way, there would only need to be one version of each song - as opposed to the five hundred there are now. There are too many misleading tabs that only bring frustration.

Letting everybody say what they want?
you sure? There a lot of kids who kick on flaming in here
So everytime anybody would say or ask something, you'd have to search the 5% answers in between the big mass of 95% flaming, fapping and bloodcumming. That doesn't sound fun
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
i'd probably have the Russian write their own program to replace the vB code
then some of the good ideas suggested by users could be implemented more easily.

and also make it possible for each user to customize the layout of the main index.
that way you could group all the forums you visit, at the top of your screen.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Get rid of anyone who disagrees with me because I'm always right and the internet has enough idiots.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Jako215
I second the motion.

it could be used like this.

poster a
so today I killed a person

poster b
yeah right

bull-shit-ometer=10

good idea.

ps your sig makes no sense....it has too many letter a's
Quote by rickmeister
Get rid of anyone who disagrees with me because I'm always right and the internet has enough idiots.

No You're not.
You're Wrong.
Quote by Minkaro
Ban all memes and Chuck Norris jokes. They were never funny.

There is no such thing as Global Warming , Chuck Norris just got cold so he turned up the Sun ...

LOL

-_____-
Everyone who posts in a stupid colour should be banned. Anyone who needs to draw attention to their posts probably has nothing interesting to say.
I'd take put the word Pantera on the curse filter list. Only instead of changing it to " **** " I would change it to " PLEASE LET ME SUCK YOUR **** DIMEBAG HOLY SHIT PISS IN MY MOUTH "
two and a half men.
Have an interesting thread and post filter. When you make a thread or post, the computer scans your text and images for the words (or images of) 'boobs', 'pron' and 'sex'. If your post contains none of these, it will be deleted automatically.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Oh, I'd make signaturess smaller as well. I HATE pointlessly long sigs filled with shitty Kensai quotes or "OMG YOU WIN LOL".
Page 1 of 3